15

"I pray that one day, you will learn to hold onto yourself, just as you hold onto everyone else around you

"I pray that one day, you will learn to hold onto yourself, just as you hold onto everyone else around you. That one day, you will learn to give and take without feeling sorry, without feeling the need to give tenfold in return. I pray that you will come to love yourself, just as you love them. Or maybe, even more."

The whole day we had prepared for the Freshers, from going to the caterers to buying ourselves dresses, we hadn't stopped for even a minute

The whole day we had prepared for the Freshers, from going to the caterers to buying ourselves dresses, we hadn't stopped for even a minute. I wasn't lot excited about the party, but then I didn't have any other choice than to help my friends in organizing it. 

The preparation time went by quickly, and before I knew, it was the day of freshers!

We didn't actually have to dress up or anything because we had to work. We had a basic dress code for everyone who was organizing the party, which was a plain black shirt and jeans. I left my hair open. I quickly grabbed my jacket and made my way downstairs.

The ride to college was short, and as soon as I entered, a hell lot of work was dropped on me. From checking the lighting to checking the decorations, it felt like I had to do everything alone. 

As soon as I finished checking the microphones for the stage, I made my way to the cafeteria to get something to eat. I found all of the guys sitting there munching on one thing or the other. I lazily slumped down on one of the chair and out my head on the table. Pragya and Amrita started laughing at seeing my worn out expression, while Manjot and Shubman were busy doing whatever they were doing. It looked like thumb fighting to me. Abhay came and sat on the table beside me and gave me something to eat. I grinned like a cheshire cat at him and he ruffled my hair. 

"So are you guys like a thing now?" asked Shubman while looking at us. I choked on my food and started to cough. We hadn't really talked about it. I looked at Abhay and he looked down at me causing me to blush.

"NO" said Abhay, and I felt a drop in my chest but I ignored it.

I didn't notice when the clock struck 6 and the juniors started coming for the party. We quickly took our positions and did our jobs. My job was near the dj and Abhay was positioned with me. We both talked about random things and kept judging people and their dresses. It was sick, I know, but it was fun. You should try doing it sometime!