Epilogue

"I'm paralyzed, where are my feelings? I no longer feel things I know I should. I'm paralyzed, where is the real me? I'm lost and it kills me, inside I'm paralyzed."

1 year later.

I walk down the streets of New York feeling sad, as usual. I completely disconnected myself from Central City and became a ghost. I changed my number, and left everything behind. I often think about Barry and I cry, but I don't feel anything. I've gotten so used to the pain I don't remember what it's like to feel.

I found myself a job but I stopped having the will to get out of bed awhile ago, so I haven't gone. Today is a special day, so I got out of bed. I didn't make new friends or anything because having friends and having feelings is what got me into this in the first place.

I wipe tears off my face despite the fact that they're just going to come back.

"Excuse me ma'am, are you okay?" Someone asks touching my shoulder.

***

"Hey Cait, are you okay."

***

"I'm fine," I say.

"You just look like your in a really dark place."

***

"Sad, lonely, miserable Caitlin."

***

"I'm not a stranger to the dark," I whisper before walking away.

I walk down the street salt water burning my eyes and my skin. People look at me strangely but I don't care, I've lost the ability to care. It'll all be over soon.

Here's a funny concept: the people who once cared too much, now don't care at all.

I take out three small pieces of paper. One is my picture of Barry and I, one is the piece of paper I always read, and the last one is a note. I stop walking as I reach my destination. There's a street performer playing music.

"So open your eyes and see, the way our horizons meet. And all of the lights will lead, into the night with me. And I know these scars will bleed, but both of our hearts believe; all of these stars will guide us home." He sings, he catches me staring at him. He frowns, I then realize I'm still crying. He signals me over, slowly I walk over to him.

"Hello," he says, I wave slowly. "Are you alright?" I nod. "But your crying."

"It's just that song, it's Ed Sheeran," I say

"Yeah,"

"My boyfriend loves Ed Sheeran." I say. "I'm actually going to see him soon." I say.

"Oh, what was your boyfriends favourite song?" He asks.

"Tenerife sea."

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Caitlin," I say, he nods and starts playing the song. "Should this be the last thing I see, I want you to know it's enough for me; 'cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need." I feel water hit my hand, I'm still crying.

"Thank you," I say when he finishes the song. "I have to go see my boyfriend, it's been awhile since I've seen him." He nods, I walk away. I put everything except my note away.

"I'm coming home," I whisper, "tell the world I'm coming home." I begin to cross the street.

"Hey get out of the street!" I hear someone yell, I don't listen to them. I see a car coming, I hold onto my note and then everything goes black.

My note read thank you.

A/n: I might do an explanation chapter if you guys want.