~20~

"And how, was I to know? I'm not strong, I should've saved you."

I glance at his vitals hoping for them to change, I know they won't though. I hear someone approach, I turn and see Cisco. He looks at me and leans against the doorway.

"I can't," I whisper, he sighs and shakes his head. I chew on my lip and run my fingers through my hair.

"Can you at least eat something?" He asks handing me an apple. I shake my head.

"I have to focus, I have to save him."

"You keep saying that Caitlin, but what if you can't save him."

"No, I will save him." I whisper.

"Caitlin look at him! He only surviving because of the machines." Cisco says. "You know what you need to do," he walks away. I blink away tears.

"Barry, please live, please, please, please. I need you, I can't do this without you." I whisper.

A few hours later Cisco comes back.

"Are you ready?" He asks, I nod slowly tears running down my face.

Cisco stands at the entrance of my lab watching me closely. I walk over to the machines Barry's attached to. I look back at Cisco, he nods.

With a shaky hand and a heavy heart I turn of the machines. Seconds later Barry if officially dead.

I walk back over to Cisco and hug him, my eyes wet with tears.

"I should have saved him Cisco, I should have saved him." I whisper trying to keep my emotions at bay.

"You tried,"

"It should've been me." I cry, I let go of Cisco and run away not looking back.

I make it to my apartment and start throwing everything into a suitcase. It was difficult to see, because my vision was blurry.

I put my suitcase with my clothes and hammer in my car. I leave everything else behind except and picture of me and Barry. I drive to the airport.

"Can I have a ticket for the next plane to New York?" I say through tears.

"Sure," the person looks up at me. "Are, are you okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say, she hands me my ticket and I walk away. Tears continue to fall down my face and people continuously ask me if I'm okay.

I've lied 25 times since I arrived.

"When I fell down you'd be there holding me up, spread your wings and I know that when god took you back he said hallelujah you're home." The music in the airport plays.

Ed Sheeran... What a coincidence.

A/n: why did I enjoy writing this chapter??? (saturdaywsnowbarry).