I was jerked back to the warm, early August day by Louis screaming out again. "LEEYUM!!! COME SWING WITH THE TOMMO!" I chuckled and headed over to the swings, hopping on the one right beside Lou. "So, Liam. You're going to be eighteen in just a couple of weeks. What is it you want from The Tommo? The Tommo needs assistance."

"Since when did 'The Tommo' start referring to himself in the third person?" I laughed at his indignant expression. "Lou, you're the best shopper out of all of us. Surely you can come up with something." He shrugged, accepting the compliment and then rattling on about our music video shoot that was coming up. We were pumping our legs and competing to see who could swing the highest when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a very familiar blond head sprinting across the street. Slamming my feet into the ground, I turned my head to see Niall running towards us, waving his arms and shouting something unintelligible. 

I propelled myself off of the seat and took a running leap toward Niall. Louis pushed himself off the moving swing and moved at a quick pace right behind me, both of us straining to hear what Niall was saying. Finally, Niall collided into me, crazily babbling, eyes glistening with tears. I made him sit down, and in slow, gasping breaths, he was able to spit out his story. 

"It's so crazy, Liam, Lou, you know?" He was still gasping for breath, and in times of distress his Irish accent always played up a little more, making his speech more slurred and faster. "Harry and I were just sittin' at the flat, when Zayn and Georgia got home from shoppin'. She was cryin' and Zayn was practically holdin' her up and Harry just went mad. He started freakin' out and I didn't know what to do, and she just ran to her room and locked herself in." I nodded at NIall, signaling him to continue. Only then did I notice the sun had set and it was getting darker by the minute. I was surprised to see how much time had passed since Louis and I left.

Niall collected himself, took a deep breath, and kept talking. "So finally Zayn broke down and told us that they were walkin' down to get coffee from the Starbucks on the corner, right? And they walk in and what do they see? Georgia's shitfaced boyfriend sittin' there gnawin' the face off some other slag." Louis gasped and I sat there, slack-jawed and astonished. For all his creepy looks and the bad feelings I got from him, I had never in a million years thought Alex would cheat on her. The way he looked at her was too possessive and lustful to allow for that. 

"Go on, Ni. What happened next? Surely that's not all." Lou had switched into big-brother mode. 

"'Course not. Zayn told us that Georgia had run out of Starbucks, and that the bastard didn't even see them. Then they headed straight for the flat, him tryin' to talk to her the whole way." Lou and I nodded, hanging on every word. It was amazing how protective we felt of her. Niall continued. "Harry and Zayn and me were trying to figure out what to do when she came out of her room, lookin' like she was still ready to go out with him! Of course Harry flipped a royal shit. Yellin' at her for bein' stupid and all, but she just looked at him. Told us she was gonna go out and confront him 'bout it in a public place. Zayn and I thought that was a good idea, but Harry wasn't so sure. So that's why when he came to pick her up, we followed 'em." If my mouth could have dropped any further, I'm sure it would've. 

Niall nodded at our shocked expressions. "Yeah, it's true. We followed them right up the avenue, but they stopped by a tube station's steps, and were havin' a serious row. So we hid behind a car. She was talkin' to him and he was shakin' his head and yellin' back at her, and Zayn was holdin' back Harry the whole time. Then it got worse." Niall shivered and shook his head, breathing rapidly. I put a hand on my best mate's back, worried. He then continued in a thin, tiny voice. "He started beatin' up on her. Bloody awful to watch. So we ran over there, screamin' and all, and then he just lost it. He pushed her, pretty damn hard, and she lost her balance and fell down the stairs." By this point, I was pacing in front of the bench, Niall was almost in tears again, and Louis was sitting, astonished, watching Niall speak.