Chapter 2: Growing up

ابدأ من البداية

Our eyes all snapped to one direction upon hearing that sound. And let me tell you upon seeing the Beowolf our eyes widened to dinner plates.

"Ruby, Yang, don't move..." I whisper to them to avoid being heard, as the Beowolf was prowling around the trees.

Oh man oh man oh man it was a Grimm! This was the first time I've actually seen one in real life. If I was just a little older and with aura I'd be really excited right now...unfortunately, I was 7 and could fight Yang but a Grimm....not just yet.

I knew I had to do something. The fear in their eyes was making my heart hurt. Ruby and Yang were important to Remnant and well me being here may have affected the timeline as it was. I was about to say something when a ding sound popped up.

[Quest: Not by the hair of my chin]

Task: Lure the Beowolf away from Yang and Ruby and survive.

Rewards:

Closeness to Ruby and Yang increased.

10,000 Exp

Start your path as a huntsman

Failure:

Death of Yang, Ruby, and you

Quest is forced acceptance.Well...from reading this latest quest I knew just how much danger we were in. I looked back to Ruby who was slightly shaking behind Yang.

Yang was showing a brave front before the beast, but I saw the fear in her eyes and that is what made me move.

"Yang, Ruby, go get help while I distract it." I commanded taking a rock and chucking it at the Grimm. It snarls upon being hit, locking its eyes upon my form before leaping at me.

"Ulric!" Ruby cried out as I jumped to the side avoiding it. The beast kept flying into a tree where it toppled and pinned it down.

"No time go NOW!" I command them, taking another rock and throwing it making the creature focus on me more as Ruby and Yang head into the other direction.

I really am in trouble now aren't I? here I am at 7 years old taking on a Grimm, hoping Yang and Ruby bring back help. Not my best moment again, but hey practice is perfect I guess...just wish I could actually fight though.

"Yo beastie come get me unless you're chicken!" I mock it with a finger beckoning towards me. Once seeing it roar I dash into the forest where I can hear it snarl and crunch the underbrush as it made its way towards me.

I managed to find a strong branch in mid run and twisted it back as the Grimm jumped at me. Thawp! The branch makes a loud crunch when I let it go making it slam and stun the Grimm for a few moments.

'Alright, that bought me some time. Please hurry girls...'

Roar!

I get broken from my thoughts as the Beowolf now enraged crashes through trees as I avoid branches in my way.

My heart was pounding, I was most likely sweating from every pore of my body, and I felt fear. Not the best things to have when dealing with a monster that thrived off of such emotions but what should I expect?