hide and seek

remember those days when we'd play hide-and-seek under the blue sky and yellow gay sun?

you'd count till hundred and i'll hide myself in a tiny corner. there was a smile plastered on my lips as i'd be peeping now and then to watch if you were already there. time would slowly slide down my little fingers, cushioned by pillows of baby fat; but i would hear nothing to alarm me of your running down for me. 

slowly, all that enthusiasm of screaming out loud and scaring you like a ghost when you'd come for me would vaporize away. i would watch the blue of the sky fade into all those bright hues sitting on my palette. but you won't come.

soon, the sun would go off to sleep and i'd be sitting with my knees curled up to my face and cheeks stained with tears. there wasn't any anger, no; just a pain setting heavy on my chest. 

mom would soon come running for me, and for a little moment, just a small one, i'd think it'd be you who has come for me, to me. mom would wrap her arms around me and wipe my face. she would ask me not to play with you, a naughty fellow who'd disappear right in the middle of nowhere. 

although i'd keep quiet and she'd assume my silence as a 'yes', deep down, i knew i wouldn't and couldn't do that. i'd rather be hiding there waiting for you, even though dark spirits would come haunting me, instead of you.

and that's what i'm doing now. i hope, i still do, that you'll come. for me.

Author's Note:

Who loves hide-and-seek?(: Comment down your views on this piece! Have a lovely day.