Chapter 4: A Little Accident

You were performing as you cheered for the next game. You tried your best to impress to the crowd, and they were more into the game itself. Once you were done for now, you went on to cheer for Reiner. You remembered his number, 02. You see him tackling other people and you smiled as he kept gaining points.

"Well well, if it isn't the girl who thinks that Reiner likes her." You turned to see Chelsy. She was smirking at you, of course she'll tease you about your small relationship with him. Though... he probably has no feelings for you. "What's the matter? No hero to save the day?" She started to snicker, but all you did was stare her down.

"Haha. Don't tell me you're acting like this because your friend didn't make it in. Or is this because you're jealous that Reiner won't talk to you? I don't know the answer... but all I can say that you're a bully. Trying to hit people's self-esteem to get someone who doesn't even like you. Now please, leave me alone, else I would make sure that you and your friends won't stay on the team."

*   *   *

It was during the half-time, and you with the other cheerleaders started to cheer once more. But this time, you were afraid to cheer. Your mind gave off this feeling that something bad was going to happen.

"(y/n)... get ready." Trisha says through her teeth. I know I had to do this, to jump up in the air and give the final cheer.

"Got it." You reply as you started to make your jump. 

As you turned to face the others, you see Chelsy smirking at you... why? When you were tossed into the and as you landed, your foot didn't land correctly. As you fell, you felt your foot twist, yet you held your scream of pain. You acted like it was natural and as you went to the bench to rest, you tried to massage it. No good.

You then decided to go to the coach, "Ma'am, I think I twisted my foot as I fell..." You say to her.

She nods, "Of course you did. I saw it, yet you acted naturally, not causing a scene. Must say, I'm impressed. I never saw a cheerleader who held in their pain when they got injured. Anyways, you need to sit out for now. Here... I'll get you an ice pack for your foot."

"Thank you." You say as you went back to the bench and you waited. It was just a small accident... right?

"Haha, someone got injured?" Chelsy says as she sits next to me. "Perhaps it's karma for talking back to me."

"Shut it, Chelsy."

"(y/n), here's the ice pack." The coach hands you the ice pack, smiling at you. "You did well, (y/n), and I hope your foot won't affect your future here. You're a pretty good cheerleader, and I don't wish to lose you." 

Chelsy stared at you as the coach walks away, "Excuse me?!"

You sighed, "Leave me alone, Chelsy."

"And why should I? You get praise for every little mistake you make-"

"It wasn't my fault."

"It should've been. I wished you cried in pain in front of everyone. It would've made my night, little-miss-perfect."

"So, you're the one who convinced Trisha to make sure that I got injured?

"Hmpf! You don't deserve praise... or Reiner!"

"Reiner doesn't even care about you... at least I talk to him normally... he treats me like a friend... I never expected to be his friend... not like this way..."

*    *    *

You waited until after the game, when it was no surprise when your school won. You limped towards Reiner, as you couldn't put that much weight on your foot. He was laughing in victory, but his whole tone changed as he saw you limping towards him.

His eyes widen as he saw you, he's laughter was gone and it echoed as it faded away. "(y/n)! What happened?!" He drops his bag and rushes towards you, wrapping his arms around you. "Did you injure yourself or-"

"Reiner, I just twisted my foot as I was landing. It's nothing-"

"Nothing?! (y/n), that must've hurt... I never got hurt, not yet, and I hope I will never get hurt... here, let me escort you to the entrance. Please."

You nod your head, why would you turn down this offer? "Thanks, Reiner..."

"No problem..."

*   *   *

You both chatted as you and Reiner went towards the entrance, where your parents were waiting for you. Before you entered the car, you turned back to Reiner, he smiled at you.

"Reiner?"

"Yes?"

He looks at you, and you swore that his eyes started to glint in the half moon that was up in the sky with the stars. "I hope you heal fast enough for the next time."

"I will."

"And, (y/n), one more thing."

"What is it?"

"I was thinking... maybe this weekend, you can meet me at the mall? South entrance. I was thinking of getting a new game, but I didn't want to go alone. So, do you want to accompany me there?"

You give a small laugh, "Like a date?"

"That's up to you. But, I just needed a friend to come with me... you're free this weekend, right?"

"I can make some time."

He smiles at you, trying to hide his glee. "Thanks, (y/n). I promise, I won't make it a terrible day for the both of us."

"See you this weekend?"

"Yeah, good bye."

A small date, eh? That's rare...