Chapter 2: We Meet Again

After your try-outs(sorry, not a cheerleader, so I have no idea what you do), you waited for a response about the team. You tried your hardest, and hopefully, you met their expectations or just barely making it. You waited by the gym, where the coach was, along with the other girls. Some looked down, like they know they failed, others looked up, hoping they made it in, and some... well, they looked like they belonged their. Heads held high, always expecting a good answer.

The girls suddenly gasped, "Look who it is..."

"What's going on?" You asked a girl next to me, who was also gaping at something in the hall. She turned towards you, her blue eyes just staring into your soul. "Serious, I'm not into the-"

"How do you not know Reiner Braun?!" Reiner? You looked down the hall, and you see him.

He didn't bother to look at the girls, but for some reason... it was like he was tempted. He tried to look away, but he couldn't resist. "Hi Reiner!" The girls all shout, all except you. You didn't want to be in this crowd, minus well give up trying to pretend someone you're not.

For some reason, he looks directly at you, smiling. "Hey, (y/n)... I see you took my advice..." He says, walking up to you. Hearing the sounds of the girls grunting and groaning as you were the only person getting attention. "Wanna walk around? You know, to get away from all this..." His voice trailed off as he looked at the other girls.

You nod your head, "O-Of course..." You and Reiner both left the scene. You felt the stares burn into your back, crafting a scar and a target on it. You got Reiner's attention, without even trying. "T-Thanks for getting me outta there... I-I don't know what-"

"Don't worry, (y/n). I saw how uncomfortable you were there... but, how do you think you did? For the tryouts..."

You raise your shoulders, "Don't know. Though I feel I did terrible. I don't really fit in..."

"Hah!" He shouts, looking down at you, "Similar to me. I felt that I didn't fit in, but look where I'm at right now. Best of the best, and I hope you did well, (y/n). I mean, you better. I want you to come for every game, and for free." He smirks at you, his arm started to twitch.

"Heh... maybe..."

"Hey! (y/n)!" You looked ahead to find your best friend, Penny Wilton. Her bouncy red hair and her freckles on her cheeks. She catches up to you, "(y/n), I heard you were doing some cheer-leading stuff... you don't seem like that kind of person, to be completely honest."

"Uh... Penny..."

"What?" Finally, she notices Reiner, standing next to me. She gasp, "(y/n)... are you..."

"Penny, no... he was encouraging me to do some cheer stuff, so, why not?" You shrugged your shoulders, hoping you weren't blushing away.

"Oh..." She smirks at me, her usual, devilish smirk. "Anyways, I just wanna know why you were doing it, but yeah... see you tomorrow!" She runs away, probably laughing behind her back.

You sighed while you hear Reiner grunt. "Penny, huh? She seems... odd..." He gives a small laugh, "Well, your coach should have the list who's on the team by now. I wish you good luck, and hopefully, I can see you around, (y/n)..." He walks away, looking back at you with a grin. Seems intimidating or seems above other people, when he's actually someone who cares.

*   *   *

The coach looks at her list, looks at everyone standing in front of her. She shouts in her loud and beaming voice, "Trisha Carle. Diana Gerald, Morgana Xela, (y/n)(l/n)... you all made the team."