The Parents

I shut the door, and turn around about to head to my room.
"Who was that?" I hear my mom ask me.
"Oh that was Damien. He's my boyfriend." I say nervously not knowing what to expect, since I've never had a boyfriend.
"Boyfriend? Since when?" My mother asks excitedly. Before I can respond my father speaks.
"I suggest you ditch him now since you're going to New York. You don't need any long distance relationship getting in the way of your education." He says gruffly from behind the newspaper.
"Well, we've been together for a month. He also lives in New York." I tell them cautiously after a moment of silence.
"How do you know him then?" My father ask tersely.
"Um we met at a coffee shop about a month ago, and he's here for business." I tell them looking down at the floor.
"I'm also moving in with him when I go to New York." I tell them after they both remain silent.
"May I ask how old he is?" her father ask his face slowly becoming red with anger.
"He's 28." I respond quietly. The room is silent. My father stands up and walks out of the living room. A few minutes later he walks back out.
"He's 28?" he bites out trying hard to control his anger. I nod my head unsure of what he's going to do.
"You do realize he's ten years older than you, right?" he asks me. I nod my head once again.
"Fine, I'm not going to say a word, but I want to meet him." My father says with a knowing look.
"Alright. When we go to New York you can meet him." I tell them before walking upstairs to my room. Once I reach my room I slide down the door, exhausted from dealing with my father. My phone starts ringing, and I answer it quickly when I see that it's Damien.
"Hi, aren't you supposed to be on your flight?" I ask seeing as it's 10:30.
"Yes, but unfortunately it has been delayed until 11." He says with a sigh.
"Oh, well my parents would like to meet you, when I have to move to New York." I tell him with bated breath for his reaction.
"Of course. I honestly wouldn't expect anything else." He tells me. I breathe a sigh of relief.
"I also might have told them that we'd been dating for a month, and that we met at a coffee shop." I tell him quickly. I hear him chuckle slightly before he responds.
"Okay, well I have to go sweetheart, they're boarding the plane right now. I'll see you in a month." He says before we both hang up.