You Have A Name?

"Well, I guess my cooking was all right." The Soldier teased as he began cleaning up. As soon as he had started cooking, Natasha had come into the kitchen, unable to resist the tantalizing smells.

Natasha just grunted, scooping up the last little bits of food off her plate. "It was ok." She muttered around the food in her mouth.

He snickered. "I think it was better than ok. You are four helpings and look like you want more."

Natasha rolled her eyes, though she was actually contemplating licking her plate. He had made Chicken Normandie, which was her favorite dish in the whole world, and fries, which might've been considered childish, but she adored them, especially in the chicken sauce.

"And now," The Soldier continued. "I believe you're considering licking the plate."

Natasha blinked at him. "You know, it really is uncanny how well you know me."

The Soldier nodded. "It is. It's like..."

"I've known you my whole life." Natasha finished.

"Exactly!" The Soldier said, looking relieved that she knew what he was talking about.

"You know," Natasha said suddenly, not sure how to broach the subject. "Do you, you know... ummm..."

"Have a name?" He finishes quietly for her. She glanced up sheepishly, but was reassured when he gave her a small smile.

"Yeah, I mean, I just..."

The Soldier chuckled. "Don't worry about it. Believe me, I've wondered myself." He paused thoughtfully, then slipped into his room. He came out a moment later with a small black notebook in his hands. "Here," he handed it to her.

She opened it tentatively and saw pages and pages of names written in there.

"Those are all my attempts at figuring out what my name was." The Soldier sat down next to her. "None of them have ever fit though." He flipped a few pages. "Except, for this one." He pointed to a heavily circled name.

"Steve," Natasha whispered touching the name in the page.

"It's not my name." He said quietly. "I think that it's the name of my best friend, the one I'm always fighting with in my dreams."

"Steve..." She whispered again, before running to her room. She handed him a similar notebook, opened to a specific page. "Does your friend in your dream look like this?"

The Soldier's eyes widened. "That's it! That's him!"

"That's one of the men in my dreams

"That's one of the men in my dreams." Natasha whispered. "I placed the name "Rogers" with him, but Steve..." she trailed off, carefully writing 'Steve Rogers' at the top of the drawing.

"What about the other one?" The Soldier asked in a voice that was barely audible.

Natasha flipped a few pages. "Here," she said hoarsely.