"I dreamt of what you could become, of what you have lived through. So much pain -" Ragnar whispered, he finally reached out and shifted her hair away from her neck. As the black curtain moved it revealed scars of all sizes lay littered on her skin like leaves on a forest floor.

"I can end it, I can and will protect you from the fearful scorn of others." He said softly. Khaana turned to look him in the eye. "You do not trust me yet, but you will - I'll make you see." Ragnar said with a light smile.

Getting to his feel Ragnar pulled his sword free from the ground and turned to walk away. "Come on, I am surr father is worried. I do not doubt that scream of yours was heard for miles." He added. Khaana took one last glance up towards the sky before getting up to follow Ragnar.

At Ragnar Ravnson's hold laughter could be heard, light little laughter. Thyra's firey red hair flew behind her like a flag abd she road atop the might hound. "Quickly Aana-na! Make haste! The horses are on our heels!" The child called as she played pretend.

"Thyra, play time is over. Khaana has work to do." Ragnar Ravnson called out. Khaana halted and Thyra frowned "aw, but Da...we were just getting to the exciting part." Thyra whimpered. "I am sorry, but this is more important. Go to your mother." said Ragnar Ravnson. Thyra climbed off of Khaana with a long sigh "yes, Da." She said sulking back to the long house.

Khaana padded over to er master "what is it my Lord?" She said to his mind. "You are to leave go to Bebbanburg as a hound. Gain the kings trust and spy out the fort." He said. "My Lord? Are you sure what if-"

"I will not let them keep you. If you are careful tgere is no way they will know of what you are. We need eyes on the inside. I cannot read this man." Ragnar Ravnson said patting her head. "Do not fear, I have spoken with Ubba and Storri. Storri forsees no danger." He said.

Khaana huffed "very well, as you wish it. It shall be done." Khaana said heading off towards the trees.

After many hours, Khaana could see the Bebbanburg fortress just through the trees. She rolled around in the dirt and gnawed at her right hind leg drawing blood.  Limping and hardly using said leg Khaana started off towards to gate. She looked towards the wall, four guards stood watch above her.

Khaana hung her head and tried to look as weak and harmless as possible, her tail tucked between her legs. "What is that?" One of the guards asked. "Some mangy mutt, let it rott." Said another. "But it looks like one of the hell hounds the villagers have been whisoering about." Said the first.

"We should catch it and take it to Lord Uhtred. If it can be tamed - it can be used." He added.

Khaana flopped her body to the ground and waited. The two guards scurried out the gate and quickly drug her inside. Khaana peeked one eye open as she allowed the men to drag her along. She suprised to see the fortress was empty. Not but a soldiers, remained.  She spoted two women, a priest and a child.

The boy watched her in wonder his blue eyes large as he tugged on the priests robes. "Father Beocca..." She heard him whisper. For a moment she caught his eye and quickly closed her eye again.

Khaanna felt one of the guards gather her into his arms. "Well if it does not survive, it will make a fine coat." He said as he walked through the doors into the castle.

The guard dropped Khaana roughly to the ground. She yelped and sat up. It took everything she had not to tear at his ankles. "What us this? Why have you enterupted our counsel? With this flea bag?" Aelfric said from his Spot at his brother, Lord Uhtred's side. Khaana snarled under her breath "flea bag?" She thought.

Lord Uhtred held up his hand and silenced his brother. "Hold, brother. Is this?" Lord Uhtred asked striding towards Khaana with caution. She looked him in the eyes and stayed her ground. He had a regal air about him, from the way he spoke to the way he moved. He was much more of a king than the so called king, Ragnar Ravnson and his Danes had taken her from.