"She grows impatient with mortals what else do you expect? But she was sent to serve us and she will bend to our ways." said Ragnar Ravnson. "Maybe she shouldn't have to...we do not need her against us. What if the gods call her back what then?" Ragnar Ragnarson asked turning to head towards the horses the others had taken from the villagers.

Once far from all eyes Khaana took her true form stomping through the trees her bare feet leaving soft dints in the earth her eyes to the sky peeking through the trees. Slowly her feet went faster and faster, we walk turned into a sprint.

Khaana could feel what was left for her wings moving, flexing trying to take flight desperate for the sky, for freedom from this place and the waring people. Khaana ran faster and faster but her feet would not leave the ground.

Tears sprung from her eyes and her feet had lead her towards the cliffs near the sea. Standing at the edge Khaana balled up her fists and screamed towards the horizion. Pain and anger overwhelming her, her fury shook the earth abd changed the direction of the winds, blasting out in a sound wave traveling across the waters.

The surge of raw power the pushed out from her was enough to bring Khaana to the ground. She crumpled to her knees rubbing the tears off her cheek with the bend of her wrist. "Dont leave me to this place!" She cried out towards the heavens in anger. "Aabbe" she whimpered smacking the ground. " I curse this godforsaken soil!" She growled.

Ragnar Ragnarson came bursting through the trees heart racing, sword drawn and raised he let out a loud battle cry. But there was no danger, no army - just the sound of the waves breaking upon the cliffside and squaking sea birds.

Ragnar deflated and lowered his blade, "why in all the nine worlds are you out hear screaming war, blood and death upon us!" Ragnar raged. Lhaana remained quiet her back to him as she tried to manage her embittered weeping.

Ragnar spotted her shoulders shaking beneath her tattered black Kaftan. "Khaana?" He questioned, Khaana sniffled and rolled ger eyes "can I not have a moment on my own." She said lowly. "I-"

"Must I be watched, watched every waking moment, as if some vapid sheep." Khaana grumbled. "You were sent as a servant were you not?" Ragnar asked, his words pointed as his frustration with her tone started to rise.

Khaana chuckled " a servent?" She asked in a deep hum. She looked ovwr her shoulder to Ragnar her gaze piercing with acidic venom "serving creatures who deserve no less than to be begging at my heels! Because I am hobbled!" She raged, her hand gripped a necklace made of dozens of chalcedony and alabster nuggets strung upon a golden string.

"Binding  my strength as if the clipping of my wings were not enough to hold me here!" She shouted. "Never have I said it was right, what was done. It was not the Danes who did these crimes to you-"

"But you profit from it!" Khaana shouted. "No!  Do you not think I know what a misdeed it is to keep chained a creature of Alfadir? I know well, but my father swears it is fate and I trust his word. I will see you freed one day" said Ragnar as he rushed to Khaana's side. He knelt beside her sticking his blade into the earth " I promise, I will see you freed and this tumultuous indocile thing in your spirit can roam again in Valhalla." Rangnar whispered.

"Why do you care?" Khaana asked. Ragnar held out a hand as if to reach out and touch her hair but his fingers stopped just inches away from her. "I....I dreamt of you not 4 days before we took you from that spineless king you called master." He confessed.

"I dreamed of glorious wings, battles, and-" Ragnar stopped himself, he just wanted to touch her to pet her thick hair and kiss a lock of it. But he could feel a dangerous friction around her.