Richie woke up to the sound of his alarm his slammed his hand down onto it and turned on his lamp next to his bedside table. Today was Richie's first day at work; a local coffee shop on the corner of Derry. 

Richie's parents told him he needed a job back when he was 14 and he's been working at different placed ever since. He's now 17 and is going to start college so he needs some extra cash so that he'll be all set and ready for the 'real world' as his parents have told him. 

Richie jumped out of his bed and threw on his work clothes. a plain white collared polo shirt and some khaki pants. 

He went downstairs and popped a bagel in the toaster after that he sat down at the table next to the toaster and turned on the TV. 

He still had 30 minutes before he had to leave so he decided he could watch a quick episode of Riverdale however he wouldn't be able to finish it. 

After 3 minutes he grabbed his bagel and let it cool off for 2 minutes then he began eating it and in about 30 minutes he realized he needed to get going. 

He turned off the TV and walked over to the door, he grabbed his keys from the dish he always keeps them in next to the door and walked over to his dads old truck. 

Richie hated his dad's car but you don't always get what you want and Richie has lived that way for his whole life. 

The drive to the coffee shop was a lot shorter than he thought and he was really dreading working here, annoying and basic white girls just really isn't Richie's style. 

Richie walked in through the door and the little bell above the door wrang. 

"Richie! so glad you could come!" Beverly squealed and Bill turned around to see Richie. 

Richie smiled and greeted them both even though they could see right through his fake smile. 

Beverly threw Richie his apron and Richie tied it around his waist and walked behind the counter. 

"So does this place get crowded?" Richie asked Beverly and she shook her head. 

"Not really we get a few new people but it's pretty mellow, however, we have a lot of regulars and those are mainly just our friends," Bev said. 

"Who are the regulars?" Richie asked and Beverly smiled. 

"We have Bill's boooooooy frie-" Bill covered Beverly's mouth before she could finish. 

"whats his name Billy boy," Richie said with a smirk he was now intrigued. 

"S-st-stan..." Bill said in a hushed tone he was blushing like crazy now.

The three teens talked for a while and Beverly showed Richie how all the machines and whatnot work. Beverly mainly showed Richie how to use the cash register because for now, he would mainly be taking orders. 

Richie didn't even hear the little bell ring signaling that someone had entered the shop but when Richie looked up it was as if time stopped. 

A beautiful boy with chestnut colored hair walked in he had a small frame and his face was sprinkled with freckles.  He wore some acid washed jeans with a navy blue t-shirt and had a lanyard sticking out of his jeans pocket most likely carrying some keys. His hair was straight and swooped to the side he had luscious pink lips that were pursed as he walked up to the counter. 

Richie was in complete awe as he stared at the gorgeous small boy. 

"You must be new huh?" He said. 

God his voice is amazing 

"Yep!" Richie said with a smile. 

"I'm assuming you're a regular?" Richie asked as he heard Bev walk up behind him. 

"Yeah, I come here all the time and I'm a friend of Bevs so.." Eddie trailed off looking at Bev as she stood next to Richie. 

"Yep! Eds and I go wayyyyy back," Beverly said

"You mean all the way back to middle school? That was only 5 years ago," Eddie said as he giggles

Wait, Eds? as in the Eddie I knew in middle school?

"The usual Eds?" Beverly asked. 

"You got it, Bev!" Eddie replied as he took a seat in one of the chairs and began to scroll through his phone. 

"You like him don't you, I remember when you had a crush on him in eighth grade," Bev said casually and Richie turned crimson. 

"I-i do not!" Richie yelped in defense Bill almost broke a rib trying to contain his laughter. 

"Hey, its fine if you do, by the way, what's your number?" Beverly asked as she wrote down Eddie's name. 

"410-878-7263, why?"

"No reason," Bev said as she wrote down Richie's number on the cup and Richie didn't see it. 

Bev put some Ice cubes and milk into the blender, she proceeded to make Eddie's vanilla bean frapaccino and poured the thick liquid into a cup and gave it to Richie. 

"Here tell him it's reddie I need to go get Bill," She said as she walked past the door behind the counter where all the ingredients were kept. 

Richie took the cup and went over to the 'order up!' counter and slid it across the counter and saw Eddie still sitting down. 

"Hey Eds, your drink is reddie," Richie said with a smile. 

Eddie got up from his seat and glared at Richie. 

"Its Eddie not Eds, I thought you remembered how I felt about that name," Eddie said as he rolled his eyes. 

FUCK HE'S CUTE WHEN HE'S MAD

"Sorry... Eddie Spaghetti," Richie said the last part in a lower voice causing Eddie to blush like crazy. 

"beep beep Richie!" Bev called out as Eddie left the shop and Richie smiled as he walked away. 

"I do like him,"

---

Y'ALL REDDIE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERS???