"Boruto and Sumire are back on track?!"
"I thought he was going out with Sarada."
"The Prince and Princess are back together!"
"I'm posting their photo on the school gossip site."

"See? Look how happy they are to see us together." Sumire whispered that only the two of us can hear. My stomach clenched as we neared our classroom. I was thinking what to tell Sarada about Sumire and how we ended up like this but before I could compose a message on my mind the doors opened and revealed Sarada who was looking at Sumire then at me, her eyes travelled and landed at our hands. I was about to pull my hand back when Sumire tightened her grip. "Oh hey Sarada!" Sumire fake smiled at Sarada as she greeted her. "Hey Sumire." Sarada smiled at Sumire. My heart broke into pieces the moment she smiled at her, I thought she was gonna fight for me but she didn't. She just stood there, smiling at us. "I'm sorry we're late, we lost track of time." Sumire giggled, hugging my arm closely. "It's fine I was sent looking for Inojin anyway." She smiled at Sumire.

"Why? What's with him?" I asked her, glaring at her. Before Sarada could say a word, Inojin suddenly appeared and covered her eyes, pulling her towards him. "I'm sorry for causing you guys trouble, actually Sarada and I are incharge of handing out the flyers of our cafe to gather more costumers. Excuse us." Inojin said staring right into my eyes and held a stoic expression. I fists clenched upon seeing him being too close to Sarada. I was about to protest but he immediately turned Sarada away from the scene and down the hall. "What the hell was that?" "Conflict between the four?" "I still ship BoruSara tho." "Yeah but before Sarada came it was originally BoruSumi." Gossips were heard everywhere and I couldn't take it.

I yanked my arm away from Sumire and was about to catch up with Inojin and Sarada but she held my wrist. "Remember what I just told you." She whispered. I looked at the two one last time before they disappeared in the corner. Sarada.. I'm sorry..

Inojin's POV

As soon as the gossip spread like fire about Boruto and Sumire getting back together, I immediately rushed towards our classroom leaving my fish cakes and hoping to find Sarada there. My eyes caught Sarada who was smiling and my eyes landed at the two persons right in front of her. Sumire and Boruto, holding each others hand right in front of Sarada. I was thinking of a way how to get her away from the scene that was already starting to form when I heard her say that she was looking for me. I immediately stepped behind her and covered her eyes with my palm. "I'm sorry for causing you guys trouble, actually Sarada and I are incharge of handing out the flyers of our cafe to gather more costumers. Excuse us." I looked at Boruto one last time before dragging out Sarada from the scene. My palm started to get wet from Sarada's tears but not once did I took my palm out. "I-Inojin... I can't see.." Sarada said, her voice shaky. "Don't worry, I'll be your eyes." I said and turned to the corner and down the stairs.

I guided her towards the back of the school and handed her a handkerchief. "Wait here." I said and made a quick dash at the other side of the school and bought a stawberry milk and run back towards Sarada. "Here." I panted as I gave her the strawberry milk. "Wha... what's this?" She asked looking at me. Her bloodshot eyes looked depressing, her cheeks were puffy and her nose reddish. I reached out and hugged her tightly. "I-inojin?" She asked awkwardly. I fought the awkwardness between us. "It's okay. Just cry it all out." I cooed and began rubbing circles on her back. I felt Sarada stiffen for a second and her shoulders started to shake. "It hurts.. Inojin... it hurts so bad.." she cried on my chest. "Just let it all out.." I cooed her as she clutched my white buttoned shirt and cried softly. 

Boruto's POV

I kept looking at the door as people come in and go. "Looking for Sarada?" Shikadai asked suddenly causing me to jerk up. "N-no." I glared at him. "Besides, who would look for that noisy girl anyway? She's nothing more than a little chick who loves to give me headaches." I said and wiped the table. "Look at you man, you've been scaring our costumers and it's troublesome." Shikadai sighed. "Anyway Chocho and I came up with an idea of trying to busy Sumire with the stuffs here and you go find Sarada and explain the shit you got into." Shikadai said shoving his hands inside his pockets. "Thanks Shikadai, I owe you one." I said and left. I ran on down the hall and checked every classroom to find a certain ravenette but none.

I was about to lose hope when my feet dragged me out in the back of the school and there stood Sarada and Inojin hugging each other. I bawled my fists, ready to attack him but a hand touched my wirst. I looked at the person who did that and saw Shay, she motioned for me to follow her. I looked one last time at Inojin and Sarada and walked off with Shay. We walked towards the rooftop and took deep breaths. "What happened back there?" She asked looking at the view in front of her, the wind blowing her hair causing it to flow behind her. "It's hard to explain Shay." I sighed defeatedly and sat on the ground and burried my face on my palm. Shay had been my friend along with Kenji and Inojin way back our kiddie days and of all the people, she's the one we would tell our problems to because she is a good listener.

"Nothing is hard unless you'll do it step by step." She said. I felt her sit beside me. "Sumire told me that in order for Sarada not to get hurt I have to go out with her. Shikadai told me I've been scaring our costumers off and told me he and Chocho will distract Sumire while I go find Sarada, I looked everywhere but couldn't find her then my feet lead me to the back of the school and there I saw them... hugging each other.." I confessed as tears fell down from my eyes. Shay rubbed circles on my back but didn't say a word, this is what I love about her. She knows what to do and what to say on situations like this. "Haven't you told Sarada about Sumire?" She asked. "No.. I didn't.. I couldn't bring myself to tell her that one of her friends doesn't like her. I mean, everytime I would try to talk to her about it I always find myself getting lost on her smile and laughter." I said.

"Jerk." She said. I quickly wipped my tears away and glared at her. "What did you say?!" I asked angrily. "I said you're a jerk, so what?" She said sarcastically. "Why am I the jerk here?! I'm certainly not the one who took someone else's girlfriend away from them!" I defended myself. "Yes you didn't but you gave him the opportunity to do so. I'm not saying Sarada is an easy girl but words travel fast Boruto and I heard about your bet with Sarada way back. You didn't ask her to be yours officially." She said emphasizing the word officially. "What about you?" I countered back. "W-what about me?" She sweatdropped. "You ran away from Kenji." I stated obviously. "That's another story!" She defended herself glaring at me. "But you love him!" I shouted at her. "I don't!" She shouted back. "Yes you do and don't lie to me about it! You may have fool everyone else but you can't fool me Shay, I've seen the way you look at him." I said staring at her lavender orbs.

"Know what?" She asked trying to fool me. "The way you look at him before is still the same the way you look at him now." I said. "It doesn't matter anymore. He's engaged and after a few months, he'll be walking down the aisle with the girl who wouldn't let him down." She spoke sadly. "You're saying..?" I trailed off. "I'm saying that he should be with someone who isn't a coward to face her problems." She said softly. "Kenji changed ever since you left you know. He rarely smiles and would always be in trouble. Heck, he even lost his sense of direction." I said trying to cheer her up which I did some small progress. "He still loves you Shay." I said. Her eyes widen and as if on cue the door opened causing us to look at the person who just entered and there stood Kenji Yamaguchi. I smirked at Shay who stood there in shock as well as Kenji. "I'll leave you two lovebirds alone." I said and took my leave.

Shay's POV

I stood there in shock. "Shay.." Kenji called me. "I.." he trailed off. The wind blew his long blonde hair messily. "I should go." I said and walked towards the exit but Kenji blocked the path. "Shay listen." He started. "Make it fast." I tried to sound arrogantly but  my heart was racing, my head was spinning and my stomach churning. "Shay." Kenji pulled me towards him and hugged me tightly. "What are you doing?!" I asked and struggled to push him away but his embrace tighten. "I miss you.. I miss us.. please Shay.." he begged. My heart broke into a thousand of pieces all over again. "I'm sorry.." I whispered. Kenji was already in the verge of crying, his grip loosen and I shook his hands off me. "We can't be together anymore.." I said and left. Tears were already spilling out of my eyes.

I love Kenji from the very beginning till the end but he's engaged and I can't ruin that. It would be too selfish for me if I'd ask him to leave his fiancée for a girl like me. I walked towards the gates of Konohagakure and turned to look at the rooftop one last time and there I saw a faint figure of Kenji, looking at me. I wanted to tell him I love him, I need him, I miss him and I'm happy with him but I guess even reality has it's ending. I let my tears fall as I walked out from Konohagakure High.

STFU and be my girlfriendOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara