Chapter 8: Preparation

Eva came to meet me today.

"How are you feeling?"  She asked me once we were in my room. "Never better. Thanks for coming."

"Why wouldn't I? I saw what happened to you. I was just about to give you a hand when Principal Hannigan came. Although I did bring you the Chem and Bio notes you missed."

"Aw thanks, Eva. That's really sweet."

"I really needed to talk to you about something. Can you sit first?"

"Sure." She sat down beside me.I began talking and told her everything about Alaric and the pendents, everything Grandma had told me and Eva patiently listened.

"Are you serious? Another dimension? That's so cool!!! I can't believe it! It seems like a fairy tale!"

"Fairy tale in which the villain is much stronger than the heroes." I completed.

"What? Really? Alaric is that powerful?"

"More than we can imagine. But Eva do you understand? The pendents chose us. We have to defeat him." I said.

"I can understand that you were chosen because your grandma had the pendents. But how did one of them reach me? How was I chosen?"

"I unfortunately don't know how. But what do you think we should do?" I enquired.

"I think that sometimes an adventure is needed. So shall we do it?" She asked, excited.

"Seriously? Eva we have school. We have a family. We have to be here. We can't just leave. Everyone will get so worried."

"No they won't." Grandma suddenly said as she walked in the room.

"What do you mean, Gramdma?"

"I mean that their day goes faster. One day for them is half a day for us. So you won't miss  much in school. Your Mom, Dad and I have discussed it. They are fine with it. Also, your summer holidays begin in two weeks. So it's shouldn't matter."  

"Wait. Mom and Dad were also a part of Bellendis?"

"Yes. They were. But that's not important now. You have to go and save it. Alaric will come into this dimension if you don't go there and that will be much worse."

"Okay. But we don't know anything about war, about fighting and about Bellendis." Eva suddenly uttered.

Grandma smiled. "I have arranged for a person who will help you with that. She will teach you, guide you and then you shall fight Alaric."

"Okay. Sounds fun!" I said.

"Fun? Seriously? You're crazy! We are going for a war from which we may never come back." Eva said.

"I trust you. Both of you. The pendents chose you. Once you learn how to use your powers and fight, you'll be unbeatable. Believe in yourselves Cal...Evanthia... nothing will happen to you." Grandma said.

"But Grandma, I'm not even strong enough to beat Zina, do you really think I'll be able to defeat Alaric?" I asked, slightly afraid.

"You'll be taught everything. But if you believe in yourself, then no one can stop you." She replied.

"She's right. We can do this if we are together Cal. Are you with me?" Eva asked.

After a long pause I said "Yes, I'm ready."

Grandma said "I'm proud of both of you. Evanthia, I'm sorry about treating you badly the other day. I hoped that separating the two of would prevent you from finding out about the pendants and you would be safe for a longer time if the both of you wouldn't have found out about the pendants but I was wrong. You both are the saviours of Bellendis. You are the chosen ones. I am no one to change that."

"It's okay Mrs. Flinn. I understand everything now." She held Grandma's hand. "Thank you so much for telling us everything."

"I should thank both of you for agreeing to this." Grandma replied.

"We will accept your thanks only after we defeat Alaric, Grandma."

"So shall we go tomorrow, Cal?"

"I don't know Eva. What will we tell your parents? They'll be worried sick about you." I said.

"Don't worry about that. I'll handle it." Grandma suggested.

"If you say so, Grandma." I replied.

Next morning I woke up and packed the stuff Grandma told me take with us. Once Eva came, we were ready to leave. Grandma gave us the letter and a map of Bellendis and explained a few things to us. "Darling remember, the key to open the gate back to this dimension lies only with the Pura Councilium and Alaric. So please ensure that no one else knows about it. Please come back if anything goes wrong and you can't handle it." She then chanted a few lines. A blue circle appeared in front of us. It seemed so magical.But then I realised that it was magic. Grandma hugged us, and then my mom did. "Looks like this is it then." I sighed trying to hold back my tears. I didn't know if I'd see them again. I saw tears roll down Grandma's face. "Whatever happens, stay together. Stay alive both of you."

"Yes, Grandma. We'll take care of each other. Don't worry. You take care of Cuddles and if he misses me too much, give him my shoe to nibble on." I said, bawling now. Even Eva started crying.

"I'm sorry dears I have to let you go. You both are the only ones who can do this. I love you both." Grandma said, wiping our tears. She hugged us for one last time then Eva and I gripped each other's hands. As we stepped inside the circle, we heard Grandma say "Stay together. Stay alive...."

And everything went black.