Prologue

▪️This chapter was edited by JanaFourie

▫️Thank you for your help embracetheweird

In the empire of Wang, everyone was jealous of Li He Meng's Siyue Residence

In the empire of Wang, everyone was jealous of Li He Meng's Siyue Residence. It was the only place that contained a variety of flowers from across the globe.

The servants looked after the back garden filled to the brim with flowers from the savage Malva sylvestris to the exotic hibiscus. At this residence, everyone knew the purpose of these flowers. It was the late Mistress's hobby; she liked to watch the flowers everyday without fail. And the Master continued to take care of these flowers because of his love for her. What a great husband he was!

However, no matter how many flowers he brought to her, she never returned his feelings.

The wind blew some fallen petals into the air. Some of them flew up to the sky until they reached a window and perched there. The rest dispersed themselves in the courtyard, causing the servants, who were working to distinguish the exquisite smell, to have dry throats as they gulped. The only people that could drink something based on flowers were the upper class.

Servants couldn't afford this luxury; they could only be envious when they had to stay near their Masters as they drank while the brewed rose or hibiscus odour entered their noses. It was so relaxing and appeasing, they felt like it could lift all their worries.

However, this peaceful moment was interrupted by a painful cry. The servants looked up to the upper room: it was the Young Miss's bedroom. The servants sighed and wished good luck to the personal maids of the cry's owner. The cry wasn't unfamiliar to them, there was only one person who would cry at least once a week in this place: the Young Miss.

"Is she crying again?" One of the servants said, she had to do the laundry but how could she do it when her ears were bleeding because of the bawling child?

Her friend, who was assigned to the dishes, nodded and mocked, "There is no day without her making a scene. Can't she behave her age?"

"I don't know where she takes that flaw from," the first servant added with disdain.

"I know, I was asking myself the same thing. But if she—"

"Don't speak nonsense! Even if her character isn't good, she still takes some beauty after her parents."

The dish woman signed, "Anyway, I need to go back."

The first servant, Lin Xi, nodded and looked up. As servants, they could not help but feel pity for the Master; his daughter was nothing like his wife, even being the complete opposite, so they could understand his resentment toward his own child. However, the ones that were the most miserable must be the personals maids of the Young Miss.

"Huh." Lin Xi had never been this happy to do the laundry in her life. Thanks for sacrificing yourselves, personal maids, she thought, making a mental note to light a candle for them.