Chapter Four

"Casey!!!" I yelled "Casey! You in here?!"

"Yeah, and stop calling my name out so loud. I may or may not be wanted by the FBI" she said walking down the stairs "who's this?"

"Oh I'm Kristen" she smiled, god she was beautiful when she smiled, or when she was embarrassed or when she was angry. She was just beautiful. This crush might be a little bit more serious than I thought.

"I'm Casey, Austin's little sister" she came all the way downstairs and sat in the kitchen with her iPad.

Kristen and I sat on the sofa and I turned on the tv.

"You up for some Xbox?" I asked smirking

"Hell yeah, what do you got?" We decided on some game I had never really played about slaughtering zombies. I picked out the game and she smirked "you ready to get your ass kicked?"

***

We played for like an hour and she was right I was getting my ass kicked. I got hungry and took it as an excuse to stop playing, to save the tiny portion of my ego that's still there.

"You want a sandwich?" I asked while getting up going to the kitchen "we have salami, pastrami, turkey, chicken,cheese. I think that's it unless you're vegetarian and eat this tofu shit"

"Uh sure, a turkey sandwich would be nice" she said too engaged in the game to really pay attention to me. Apparently she was about to beat her high score, again. "Just put everything on it, go really heavy on the mayo"

I made three sandwiches one for me, Kristen and Casey.

Kristen wasn't like most girls, for one thing, she actually ate food! WITH MAYONNAISE!

Most other girls would be like 'Mayo?! I can't believe you asked me that! Are you stupid?! Mayo has like A MILLION CALORIES'. Don't act like it's not true.

There was something off about Kristen, ok maybe 'off' isn't the best word for it. Maybe 'special' or 'unique'. Whatever it is I like it.

I walked past Casey, who didn't seem to notice my existence, into the living room where Kristen was and set our sandwiches on the coffee table in front of the sofa. She paused the game, and took the sandwich taking a giant bite out of it before thanking me.

"This is great Austin" she swallowed what she had in her mouth and continued "thanks"

"Uh, Kris you got a little...something on your face" I said twirling my finger around her face.

"Oh, thanks" she wiped the mayonnaise off of her face. I looked down at the sandwich and realized she had eaten over half already, damn she works fast. It's actually pretty cute, in a weird way.

"Fat ass" I chuckled, intending for it to be a joke but she looked offended "I'm sorry I wasn't trying to o-"

"Oh it's nothing, where's the bathroom?" She interrupted her voice was just a tiny bit shaky, I feel really bad, I honestly didn't mean anything.

"Uh it's down the hall to the ri-"

"Ok thanks" she rushed out of the room not even glaring back at me. Way to mess up a good day Austin.

Kristen's POV

I really just want to leave now.

I know he didn't know about what I had been through over the years because I had curves and a bit more meat on my bones. He didn't know the 'bullying' I had faced for almost my whole life, until I grew a backbone and gained some respect when I moved here.

He didn't know but it still hurt. I had been called names by everyone, my old 'friends', even my parents back home, and currently Mandy.

'Fat piece of shit', 'worthless crap pile', 'fat, ugly whore' the names rang through my head. I never even did anything wrong.