OMAKE: If Only Valentines

This is a little "What If" type update. If you all chose Valentines Day as the holiday instead of Halloween, Yuki and Kakashi would have gotten together WAY sooner. Like chapter 27 sooner. Here's the little chapter I had written for Valentines Day in Konoha.

Dedicated to PrincessLunaTsuki! I hope you enjoy.

Lots of love,

--Yuki :D

P.S: The song is called Rollercoaster  by Bleachers

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Kakashi had everything prepared. He had the paper lined out, all colorful and... Paper-y, and the crayons in front of him. Now, he just had to make the card. It had to be perfect for that person. It had to say the words he could never say.

He wanted to say how much he loved that person; how he loved how they woke him up with breakfast in bed, how they beat up anyone who said something bad about him, how they made different things for him but never expected or wanted anything in return, how they thought they were worthless when Kakashi was sure they were the most precious person in the world.

Kakashi hummed to himself as he grabbed an orange crayon, making a little iced desert on the black colored paper. It stood out from everything else and the Hatake happily put bright red hearts around it. Lastly, after finding the cover perfectly covered in hearts, he wrote his crush's name on the front in snow white.

The silver-haired Jounin sat back, smiling at his work. It was perfect, in his opinion. Now, all he had to do was write a little message and buy all of his crush's favorite things.

"Mister?" A young boy tugged on the Jounin's vest, looking up at Kakashi with wide eyes, "Can I use the orange crayon?"

Kakashi handed it over, "Here you go, Kiddo."

"Thank you, Mister! I hope your lover likes your card. It looks real nice!" The kid giggled and ran off, waving.

"You and me both, Kid," Kakashi muttered, looking down at his work. "You and me both."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"Ehhh," Yuki flopped on the grass in Training Ground 7, looking dejected and tired. Kakashi had been avoiding him all day and it bothered him greatly. He just wanted to relax with the man and laugh at people's attempts to woo their lover but apparently that wasn't going to happen. He didn't even know what he did wrong...

"Yuki-san?"

The ninja looked up when he heard the small voice and saw Hinata standing there with Kurenai and her team behind her. She was poking her fingers together, face bright red, but her eyes were determined, "W-Will you like t-to go out to dinner w-with us? Y-You seem like y-you need company..."

Yuki sat up, letting out a small sad sigh. He did need the company. A lot. He was lonely and upset and wanted to be with someone but not with a twelve year old girl and her two teammates and sensei. He wanted to be with a silver-haired Jounin who hated Valentine's Day but loved to sit on the roof with him and watch the stars while laughing when people were falling head-over-heels for someone.

"I would love and join you and your team for dinner, Hinata-chan," Yuki tried to smile but it came out a bit strained and he knew Kurenai noticed, if her miniscule frown was anything to go by.

The genin and two Jounin went down to the small ramen shop, looking around at the streets littered with paper hearts and colored streamers. Seeing all the decorations seemed to darken Yuki's mood and the Jounin had to be led by Kurenai, a hand on his shoulder, to even walk on. They sat silently at the bar and Teuchi placed a large Miso in front of Yuki without a word, seeming to realize that the raven-blonde wasn't up for a conversation.

It was getting dark now and Yuki knew he had to head back to the apartment before Kakashi had an aneurism -assuming he would even come back... "I should be heading home now," Yuki smiled at the genin, ruffling Kiba's hair and giving Shino a nod. He gave Hinata a light kiss on the forehead, the girl's face turning a bright red, and kissed Kurenai on her cheek, "Thank you for inviting me to dinner. I had a nice time."

'No, you didn't,' Kurenai thought sadly but smiled at her fellow Jounin. "I'll see you tomorrow, Yuki-san."

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow, Kurenai-san."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Yuki trudged silently to his and Kakashi's apartment until he noticed something. The stairs to the apartment were covered in grey streamers. No, not grey streamers. Silver streamers. Yuki's favorite color. It could be a coincidence but wasn't Valentine's Day supposed to be all red and pink? Eh, it's been a while since he's actually celebrated it. Years to be exact.

He tilted his head, frowning slightly when he noticed a package of mini-cakes on one of the steps to his and Kakashi's apartment. He picked it up and gasped. It was blueberry; his favorite. His eyes narrowed. This was weird...

"Hmm, what else is there?" Yuki asked himself excitedly, looking around for anything lying around. He continued up the steps and noticed a grey stuffed wolf with one onyx eye and one red one. He picked it up and hugged it close, smiling when it reminded him of Kakashi. He continued on, picking up a bag of little oranges as he went. This was awesome. It was all his favorite things all lined up in front of him.

Wait...

Yuki narrowed his eyes and looked down. He put the items on the floor and lightly shook the wolf. The only sound that came it was a small squeak. He couldn't sense anything from the oranges and there wasn't anything in the cake, "Alright then. Moving on..."

"Hey, you're back!" Kakashi looked up when the door opened and happily noted the items in Yuki's arms.

"Uh, yeah," Yuki mumbled, looking around the place. His eyebrows scrunched up in confusion, "What the hell is this?"

"Chocolate!"

"And these are...?"

"Daisies!"

"Um, okay. Daisies and chocolate. Right. Why are you handing these to me, Kakashi?"

"It's Valentine's Day!"

"Valenti- Are you high?"

"What? No, why?"

"Because you hate Valentine's Day. Remember last time someone tried to hand you chocolates? You made a kid cry."

"That was an accident. It was really early in the morning."

"It was three in the afternoon, Kakashi."

"See? Early."

"Whatever you say, Hatake, but what is all this for?" Yuki looked at the flowers, feeling a small smile tug on his lips. Daisies were his favorite.

"Well," Kakashi shuffled in spot for a second before handing over his card, looking away with a red face under his mask.

"This is..." Yuki was speechless for a moment as he looked down at his card. Kakashi hated Valentine's Day but here he was giving him something... He opened it and gasped lightly at the words. There weren't many but took his breath away.

I love you. Be my Valentine?

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Lolololololololol