Darker Than Love | 28

Start from the beginning

What are those things? Well, firstly I wanted to take revenge on officer Bill for what went down in that interrogation room. So I took a bat to his car. . .and a few knives here and there, let's just say if he doesn't have insurance then he's in a lot of trouble.

We also kind of broke into a motel. Usually, after someone leaves, housekeeping comes approximately an hour later. And seeing as the motel wasn't some ran down crack house and could be mistaken for a five-star hotel, Mason and I decided to treat ourselves to some free food and a comfy bed.

It wasn't like we needed to do it, it was just the thrill that came with it.

Tonight we were running away from a police officer because Mason thought it was funny to spray paint his car. At first, we were just spraying abandoned buildings and then he decided why not spray an officer's car!

And we were caught. . .kind of. "Come on," he grunted as he climbed down the metal stairs with me in tow behind him. When we got to the last step I gasped at the proximity between it and the ground. "I'm gonna jump and then you're gonna jump and I'll catch you, okay?" He said and before I could oppose he loosened his grip on the last ladder and jumped onto the ground.

"Come on!" He whisper yelled and I lowered myself down onto the last ladder and then let my fingers slip from it. I squealed loudly as I fell downwards and for a moment it was as if my breath was pulled out of me as my breathing halted.

I flickered my eyes shut and waited until I could feel the arms of Mason around me. And when I did I grabbed onto him tightly, my eyes wide in fear and astonishment as he lowered me down onto my feet. "See. . .you're not dead!" He exclaimed.

"Fuck you." I huffed out breathlessly and he chuckled as he intertwined our hands. "Let's go find my bike." He said as he tugged me down the alley. I snapped my head backward, in fear that the police officer would catch us.

They warned Mason and I that if we were to get arrested again they'd have no choice but to "lock us up" for a long time. I know it's bullshit but I don't wanna take those chances.

We emerged from the opposite end of the alley and Mason peeked his head over the wall before tugging me after him. We raced down the streets to where he parked his bike and I turned around once again to see if the police officer had caught up with us.

Just as I was gaining hope, he stumbled out from the alley breathlessly and swivelled his eyes around him, clearly searching for us. "Mason, go, go, go!" I screamed. He didn't turn to see why I was so frantic and instead flew onto the bike.

I slipped in behind him and grabbed my helmet off the seat. I strapped it on and held onto him tightly as he hiked his feet upwards, revved the bike and rode off, leaving a frantic officer chasing after us.

...

"We're here," Mason said as the motorcycle rolled into the parking spot. I slipped off my helmet and climbed off the bike. "What are we doing here?" I inquired as I placed my helmet onto the seat and strolled towards a tall fence that separated us from what appeared to be a beach house.

"We're going skinny dipping, of course." He exclaimed as he slipped his arms around my waist and kissed me lightly against the lips.

"Skinny dipping!?"

"Dollface, I've seen you naked like how many times? Don't get shy now." He winked as he slipped his hands off of me and trekked closer towards the fence. He peered upwards and tutted lightly at the 'no trespassing sign'

"Too bad I don't follow rules." He exclaimed as he flickered his eyes towards me and motioned towards the gate, "ladies first." He said and I groaned as I strode lazily towards the fence. "I swear to god, this is the most cardio I've ever done and upper body strength I've ever used in my life, curse you, Mason."

"Love you too, baby." He sing sang as he wrapped his arms around my waist and hoisted me upwards. I thanked God there were no wires at the top as I grabbed onto it and climbed over the fence with ease.

I shoved my fingers through the holes and climbed down before dropping onto the sand. Mason hoisted himself upwards in one jump and flew himself off the fence, landing on his feet effortlessly.

Show off.

"Skinny dipping huh?" I inquired as we trekked towards the sea. He chuckled deeply and suddenly slipped off his shirt. "Yep," he winked as he suddenly halted and began to unbuckle his belt. "Come on, Michelle, what are you waiting for?"

"Mason. . ." I groaned deeply as he stripped down all his clothes and backed up into the water. I folded my arms over my chest and assessed my surroundings. If we don't get arrested for vandalizing an officer's car tonight then it's definitely gonna be for trespassing.

"Michelle, come in, Michelle!" He sang and I giggled softly as I slipped off my shirt and then every article of clothing on me. I shivered as a gust of cold wind swept over my body and hugged myself tightly as I trekked towards the water.

I dipped my feet in and shook my head vigorously when a chill ran up my leg.

"Baby! Stop being a wuss and come in!"

"A wuss!?"

"Yes, a wuss, you coming or not!? I can't have fun by myself you know, this is a safe space, for all three of us." He exclaimed and I paused as confusion stretched across my face, "all three of who?"

"Us. . ." He drawled out and I frowned deeply before realization suddenly hit me. "Oh, you're nasty." I giggled as I found the courage to get into the water. The last time we did this we weren't naked and the water wasn't as cold as it was now.

But the moment I slipped into his arms a sudden warmth overcame me and I found myself smiling as his arms slid around my waist and pulled me into him. "See, it's not so bad now is it?" He mumbled and I smiled as I peered up at him and nodded my head slowly.

"I guess not," I replied and his lips tugged upwards as he cupped his hands around the nape and placed a kiss onto my nose. "These are the moments I live for, the good, the bad, and the horrible," he said as his eyes penetrated through mine as if he were looking for something in them, in me, in my soul.

I traced my finger over his shoulder tattoo and smiled up at him before they trailed onto his neck then his chin and then his lips. "What would you consider this?" I mumbled and he smirked as he caught my finger in his grasp and licked his lips slowly.

"I call this the best of the best." He exclaimed as he lowered his hands into the water. I gasped as his hands gripped my thighs tightly and he hiked me upwards, forcing my legs around his waist. "What would you call this?" He whispered.

"I'd call this a moment worth living forever," I murmured as his nails dug into my waist. "I love the sound of that." He breathed out as his hand slipped over the nape of my neck and he slammed his lips down onto mine.

I groaned deeply and kissed back immediately, my arms tightening around his neck and my hands trailing through his now wet hair. I could feel my heart slamming against his chest and I ignored it, knowing that it was both the excitement, thrill and anxiousness swirling through my body.

We could get caught, we could be sent back to jail but for some reason, none of it mattered as we held each other under the full moon. It comforted me to be in his arms in the eerie darkness with nothing more than the sequinned silver stars and the luminescent light emitting from the moon illuminating us.

I was lost, in his touch, his arms and his scent.

And I never wanted to let go.