Chapter eleven - My blood

''Good morning baby'' mom greeted me as I walked into the kitchen. My head felt like my brain would explode out if it any minute. ''Hey'' I responded. Yesterday was a blur. I didn't know what all happened in the club. I had no idea how I came home and the last thing I would remember is why I woke up on the ground before my bedroom door ''Actually I better can say, good afternoon.'' I looked at her with pinched eyes because of the bright day light. ''What do you mean?'' ''It's 5 pm.'' ''Oh wow.'' ''How was it yesterday?'' She sat down a cup of coffee in front of me. ''It was fun.'' ''You have no idea what happened, do you?'' ''TSS. Of course I do!'' She put her arms over each other and raised her eyebrow. I looked down. ''No, I was drunk.'' I didn't face her. She was probably really mad, but instead of her yelling I felt her hand stroking my hair. ''Thanks for being honest.'' I looked in her eyes. She smiled. I smiled back. ''So, do you know why I woke up before my bedroomdoor?'' Mom giggled a little. ''No, honey, no idea. By the way, remember what we had agreed, always tell me when you have come home.'' I thought deeply. Normally I always do that. ''What about us having a fun girls night out tonight.'' I smiled at mom. ''That sounds good!'' ''There's this new movie in the cinema which I really like to see and before that we can grab a pizza!'' I saw mom's eyes lighting up a little. ''Yeah!'' I tried to sound enthusiastic, what failed a little because of my headache. Mom sat down opposite me and grabbed my hand. ''We haven't done something together in such a long time. I'm sorry for being at work so often.'' ''Mom, don't be sorry. Of course you are often at work. It's for your job.'' Mom looked down and smiled a little. ''But I'd love to spent more time with you.'' My phone lighted up and I looked at it, when I saw it was John, I quickly grabbed it from the table.

Hey, it's a beautiful day. What about a little photography class

I immediately got enthusiastic.

Me: I'm in.

John: Should we grab some food first?

Me: Sounds good!

John: 6 o clock at margarita's?

Me: See you then

Then I looked at mom. Fuck. ''I'm so sorry, is it okay if we reschedule our girls night out to tomorrow?'' She looked down. ''Tomorrow I have to work.'' ''Oh, but, uhm, I can't tonight, because uhm, Ivy needs me.'' Mom looked at me again and grabbed my hand over the kitchen table. ''That's okay baby, go to your friend.'' ''I'm sorry'' I said again, stood up and grabbed my coat. Before leaving the house I looked at mom. She seemed so disappointed. I bit my lip and closed the door behind me. I sat down in my car and drove to margarita's. Mom is like 2 out of the 7 days off from work and she's right. We never do things together. Most of the time she is just doing her own things like, a little bit cleaning the house even tho we have a cleaning lady. Sometimes she takes a long bath or she just sleeps. It reminds me of the least fun mom has. Mom doesn't have a lot of friends. She has Shannon... and Angela of course, but that's different. I felt so guilty for leaving her, when she finally planned on having some fun.
''Have you worked with a camera before?'' John asked me, while he gave me one. ''Nope, yeah the one on my phone.'' John laughed. ''Not the same.''

Katy's POV

I stirred with my spoon through my tea. I am fading away out of my daughter's world. She's growing up so fast. Too fast. My phone rang. An unknown number. ''Hello. It's Katheryn Hudson.'' ''Hii Katy, it's Ivy, I was wondering if I could talk to you about the surprise party me and the girls are planning for Jade.'' ''Wait, Jade isn't with you?'' I felt my heartbeat rise. ''No, why?'' ''She told me she was going to you, because you needed her or something?'' ''Oh, yeah, that's right, we- uhm- we-I called her and told her everything was fine again. I don't know where she went then.'' I could hear clearly she was lying, but I didn't say anything about it. ''Oh, well, let me call her then. What did you want to ask me about for the surprise party?'' ''Uhm, actually just the date is July 20 okay?'' ''Yeah, that's fine.'' ''Thanks, bye.'' ''Bye.'' I immediately typed in Jade's phone number.

Jade's POV

''The first thing we're going to photograph are these deer's'' John said, pointing out over the field. ''Okay, I can do that.'' My phone rang. Fuck it's mom. ''I need to take this'' I apologized to him. I walked a few steps away. ''Hii mom.'' ''Ivy called.'' Fuck. ''She said you weren't with her.'' ''Oh, that's right, yeah, I met up with Lisa instead.'' ''Who's Lisa?'' ''An exchange student. Really nice girl.'' ''Okay.'' I could hear in moms voice she didn't believe me. ''Bye.'' ''Bye, stay safe.'' ''I will'' and I hang on. I smiled at John. ''Let's take some pictures from these animals.'' I lay down in the leaves. Then I got an idea. I decided to photograph John instead of the deer's. He was lying a little closer to the animals. Flash, flash, flash. I looked at the pictures I made and I was pretty proud. John walked over to me and I took another picture. ''How's it going?'' he asked me. ''Well...'' I showed him the pictures. ''These are so good!'' I felt my cheeks blush. ''Thanks.''

John's POV

I looked at the photographs Jade made of me. It was kind of weird to spend time with her. She's my daughter, but why doesn't it feel like that. I always thought that there was a special connection between a child and parent. A feeling of unconditional love, but there's nothing between us. Nothing special. She feels like a girl I just met, which is the truth. The whole world knows I'm her dad now. The pictures of us on the beach are all over the internet. So should I post one of the pictures Jade made? It won't be new news.

Katy's POV

I refreshed my Instagram feed. A picture of John. Him lying between the leaves, photographing a deer. The caption got my attention.

Made by my blood

That must be Jade. Did she stand me up for John? This was the first time we wanted to do something with each other and she spent time with John instead. I felt jealousy, which was wrong, because she had all the rights to spend time with him, but I miss her so bad. It's a really good picture though. Another thing she got from him. Did she even get something from me, except the boobs? I sighed. Maybe it's better she didn't get something from me. What can I give her, except the boobs? My love for music. Can also come from John.

Jade walked into the kitchen. ''So, you met up with John?'' I saw her body freeze. ''How, how do you know?'' ''He posted a photo you made on Instagram. It was funny to follow her expressions, from son of a bitch, to there's no way out. ''Yeah, I met up with him.'' ''And, how's he?'' I decided to not fight about it. Jade started to relax. ''I like him.'' I smiled. ''Good.''

Jade's POV

''I gotta go'' mom said suddenly. ''Work?'' she nodded her head. I like having the house for myself. I watched a couple of episodes of Riverdale, wrote a couple of lines of a new song and danced. Then I got an idea. I still felt really bad for mom. She was so excited about the girls night out. So I'm going to take her out for lunch. I grabbed the car keys and left. I knew the way to her studio. I've been there so many times. I'm still wondering why mom wasn't mad. I thought it will drive her crazy if she found out I went to John instead of spending time with her. I walked to the receptionist. ''I'm looking for Katy Perry.'' ''I'm sorry, she isn't here.'' I gave her a confused look. ''Are you sure.'' The woman behind the desk typed something on her laptop. ''Yes, I am.'' ''She also didn't left already, for lunch or something?'' The woman shook her head. ''Nope. She hasn't been here.'' ''Oh...''

I sat down in my car again. So I lied to mom about where I was and mom is doing the same thing to me. I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. We are having a terrible relationship lately. I started the car and drove towards home again. Then I saw her, mom. Holding hands. He led her to a side street and pushed her against the wall. What the hell! I wanted to stop the car and liberate her from him. I want to save her, but she doesn't need to get liberated. Mom smiles. My breath stuck when they started to kiss. Moms arms around him. His arms against the wall. A loud car horn. I looked up and saw a truck driving towards me with a tremendous speed. I saw the driver trying to move giving a swing at the wheel and I kicked in the gas pedal to drive away, but it was too late. With a huge smack hit the truck my car. My car spinned and slammed upside dowm. It rolled a couple of times. I saw another car coming and another clap against my car. Everything was black.

A/N: FINALLY ANOTHER CHAPTER!! Hope it was worth waiting for xx Lotte