chapter one - Everyone Knows My Mother

17 years later.

Jade.

''Mom, I'm going out, see you tomorrow!'' Just before I wanted to slam the door behind me, mom run by. ''Baby wait, where are you going?'' I rolled my eyes. ''I'm just going to this party with the girls: Ivy, Aria, Mila..'' ''All right, do you want me to stay up?'' ''No.'' I waved my hand. ''Just go sleep, I will give you a kiss when I'm back home.'' Mom smiled a little. ''All right, have fun, but please take care of yourself!'' ''I will!'' I gave her a hug. ''Bye'' I said walking towards Ivy's car.

''Hey girl! You're looking stunning!'' she said and I turned around showing my dress before stepping in. ''Is that Gucci!'' ''It sure is!'' I gave her a hug. ''I want a mom like yours too.'' Mila acted sadly from the back seats. ''I pointed out my tongue to her. ''Let's go to the party!!'' I yelled enthusiastic. I turned the radio on and my mom's voice came out the speakers. ''CAUSE BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK!!'' My friends started to sing along. ''Oh, stop it!'' I sighed, connected the box with Bluetooth and turned on another song.

We were creating our own party before we arrived at Luke's house. ''Tonight he will be yours!'' Ivy gave me a supportive push in my back, stepping inside the house. ''Hey girls!'' Nathan greeted us and Aria straight away started to kiss him. ''ULG, get a room you two!'' Mila said disgusted while Aria and Nathan just went on making out. We left the two lovers and searched for some other friends. It was busy: people getting drunk, dancing, singing, talking. Mila and Nathan weren't the only lovers here tonight. ''OMG TRISTEN AND RILEY!'' I freaked out. ''She got him!'' ''SLAY GIRL!!'' we both yelled. Riley looked at us for a second, smiled and went on making out with Tristen. ''Let's get ourselves a drink'' Ivy said. We walked over to the kitchen and mixed some different drinks. ''Oh, this is delicious!'' I said excitedly. ''My own recipe'' Ivy smiled. ''You're a heroine!'' Mila laughed and gave Ivy a friendly hug, while drinking her whole cup empty. We laughed and filled it again. ''Jade! It's so nice you came!'' Luke. My heart started to beat faster. ''We'll leave you two alone'' Ivy winked to me and pulled Mila out of the kitchen. ''Yeah, of course!'' Fuck, that sounded so damn stupid! I hate myself! ''How are you doing?'' Luke asked. ''Great! Ivy mixed those drinks and it tastes so good, but I think it's more a lady drink. You probably prefer beer.'' He laughed a little. ''May I taste it?'' ''Sure'' I gave him my cup and he took a sip. ''Oh, this is too sweet for me!'' ''I told you!'' We both laughed. An awkward silence followed. ''Nice party.'' I then said. ''My parents ain't gonna like it.'' I laughed. ''I'm sure they won't! Good luck tomorrow.'' ''Thanks!'' I looked at him. His beautiful blue eyes, who I couldn't leave. I was obsessed with the shape of his face. That blond hair, I'm sure it took him a while to get it like this. His eyes looked back and I looked down immediately. ''Your brown eyes are so beautiful.'' I felt my cheeks blushing, which made him smile adorable. ''I got them from my daddy'' I said. ''I've never seen your daddy.'' ''Neither have I.'' It came more painful out my mouth than I wanted it to. ''I'm so sorry'' he said cutely. ''It's all right'' I waved it away. ''What you've never had, can't be missed.'' ''That's so true!'' ''But I know your mother'' Luke said joking. ''Everyone knows my mother!'' I laughed. Luke walked closer to me and stroked one of my long blonde locks behind my ear. ''You got the beauty from your mom'' he said, making me giggle a little and looking down for a second. ''Are you flirting with me or my mother!'' I said, finding his eyes again. ''With you of course.'' I knew what's coming. I felt so attracted to him. Our lips got closer and then we kissed. It was intimate. One of his hands slid up and down my back, his other hand lay on my waist. It felt good. Good to be around him. Good to be so close to him. We spend the whole night together in the kitchen. Talking, kissing, getting drunk, just the two of us.

I tiptoed on the stairs and opened the door of mom's bedroom as silence as possible. I saw her sleeping and had this little discussion with myself. Should I tell her I'm home or just leave it? I promised her to tell, so I walked over to the bed and whispered: ''I'm home, sleep well.'' ''You've drunken again'' Mom was wide awake immediately. ''Jade, you're still not 21!'' I rolled my eyes. ''Mom you know I always drink when I'm with my friends.'' ''And it needs to stop!'' She pushed herself up. ''No, why should I stop!?'' ''Because you're not allowed to drink yet!'' ''So.'' ''Jade please! It's illegal!'' ''I don't care, all my friends drink!'' I turned around. ''Jade Hudson stop and listen to me'' she said strict. ''Mom, I just want to sleep.'' ''We're not done with this conversation girl.'' ''I don't care, talk to me tomorrow.'' I heard her sighing and went to my own bedroom. A headache came on, so I got in my bed straight away. My eyes got heavy and I fell asleep.

I woke up, surprisingly happy, no hangover. I thought of last night. Luke. I started my phone and checked my WhatsApp.

Luke: last night was amazing, hope to see you soon

My heart melted away. He send me a text. He didn't forget me.

Me: yes, can I say something?

Luke: of course

Me: thank you

Luke: *heart emoji

I smiled and get out bed. I took a quick shower and looked at myself in the mirror. My brown eyes looked back. My dark blonde hair was hanging over my shoulders. I'm kinda proud of my figure, big boobs (thanks mom) and pretty skinny. Dancing helps.

I walked into the kitchen and found mom watching Netflix. ''Good afternoon Jade.'' I looked at the time on my I phone 2:30 PM. I didn't know I slept that long. ''Hey mom!'' I said happily. I grabbed an apple and saw her looking surprised at me. ''You're all right baby?'' she asked. ''Yes, why?'' ''Why are you so happy?'' I laughed. ''Am I not allowed to be happy or something?'' I sat down next to her on the sofa and gave her a little kiss on her cheek. She smiled gratefully. ''So about last night, I don't want you to drink alcohol anymore.'' ''You can change my mood so easily.'' I stood up and walked away. ''Hey! Don't dare to walk away!'' Mom said strictly and she jumped up. I turned around with an emotionless face. ''I want you to listen to me!'' ''I'm old enough to make my own choices, one more year and I'm out of here. I'm going to move to New York and start my own dance studio for people who don't have the money.'' Mom sighed and messaged with her fingers her forehead. ''Wait, I know where this is about.'' I walked closer to her. ''This is about your ego, the media found out I drink, didn't they? And you don't like the fact they say I'm 'going bad' They make you look like a bad mom, right? Don't worry mommy, I will tell them you're not even home that much and only in the studio with other artists.'' I walked with big steps away.

I went to my bedroom and started my laptop. In the background I heard her crying. Fuck, she cries so much lately. I hate it when she cries. I want to go to her so badly right now. I love mom she's all I have and I hate it I hurt her! I listened how she slowly calmed down again and when it was silence, I opened a google page and searched for mom's artist name:

Katy Perry