Chapter 10

I open my eyes to find I’m in a small, tight space, windows letting in little light because of the darkness. The faint voices of Tom and Nathan yelling at each other from the outside. I realize I’m in the small car of the lads that they use to drive themselves around. I roll down my window right next to me, to my right.

‘Guys, what’s going on?’ I ask placing my free hand to my nose as it hurts whenever I talk.

They both stop talking, more like arguing, they both look back at me, as I stare past them both. My eyes had caught sight of the gorgeous, perfect slim body figure, and her straight brunette hair complementing her dark skin. Her facial features only just show in the dim amount of light coming from inside the house. Nicolla walks back inside and closes the door behind her as Tom starts the engine to the car and Nathan races around to the passenger side of the car and climbs into the back seat next to me.

Every bump along the road not only hurts my nose but also gives me a headache that just won’t go away. No one says a word for the twenty or so minutes that have past, Nathan wraps his arm around me to comfort, there’s little space in the car for me to try and move out of his grasp let alone his reach. Tom slows the car down as we approach a red light that soon changes back to green, as we get closer to the white line.

The roads are basically empty except for a few cars here and there, and the car to the left of us, who seem to be going a bit too fast to be able to stop at their red light in time. I turn away as the blinding light shines on my eyes, causing my vision to go blurry.

‘What is wrong with that person, having his lights on high beam!’ screams Tom just moments before my screams fill not only my ears but the car as well.

We didn’t even make it halfway through the lights. The car that I only just seen as a massive truck slams into the passenger side of our car without warning. We are thrown to the side of the car doors as the truck impacts into the side causing the car to start spinning repeatedly, spinning a few times from the roof back to the wheels.

My head slams against the window, the pain immediately pounds in my head as the sound of shattering glass from all around us echoes in my ears, raining throughout the car leaving little cuts, the seatbelt biting into our chests and knocking the wind out of us. The car finally stops spinning and lands on its roof, leaving us hanging upside down just holding on by our seatbelts. I try to catch my breath and find my voice but the seatbelt is locked firmly on my chest, making it harder to breath.

‘Nath…’ hardly anything comes out, I try clearing my throat hoping it will help.

‘Nathan!! Tom!!’ I scream out their names, leaving me breathless afterwards.

‘Mmm,’ I hear Tom mumble before swallowing hard.

‘Kiara!! You alright?’ Tom asks his voice full of panic.

‘Yeah, I guess, but I don’t think Nath is.’

I look out the window, with pain shooting straight through my shoulder and my head. We were spun all the way to the opposite side of the road. Tom and I both spot a car coming toward us, with blinding lights. They stop just before our car and don’t get out for a few minutes; hopefully they are calling for help. I continue to blink down hard as my vision grows blurry, I hear the faint sound of a car door opening and then closing.

‘Help is on it’s way! Is everyone okay?’ yells a manly voice as he approaches us.

‘Yeah for now I think,’ Tom answers, trying to turn around with great difficulty to look at us.

The mystery man, races around to the side of the car next to Nathan, I see him reach up to his neck, I think to check his pulse, to make sure he is still with us. My vision slowly changes from blurry to spots of blackness as I try to blink it all away. The last sound I recall hearing, is not just the sound of a man talking to Tom but also sounds of a siren in the distance coming closer and closer and louder with every blink.

I only just see the image of an ambulance, and people rushing around the car before my vision goes completely black and I can’t see anything, I can’t even hear anything. I awake moments later, but I’m not longer in the car, surrounded by flashing lights, loud sirens, instead I awake to the sound of people nearly yelling all around me.

‘She has a possible broken rib, a minor head injury…’

Doctors!!! White on white walls, roof, I’m in good care at a hospital, I’ve finally made it here.

That’s when I instantly remember how I got here.

‘Nathan!! Tom!!’ I scream, trying to escape the doctors and nurses grips on me, trying to escape so I can go and find them, to make sure they are okay.

I try to scream again, but a serious pain prevents me from doing so as it shoots through my ribs at any sudden movement, any heavy breathing.

A light starts to shine in my eyes, followed by questions, ‘Can you follow the light for me? Do you remember your name darling?’

‘Kiara?’ I answer questioningly.

‘Where’s my friends, are they OK, what’s happening to th-‘ before I could continue a pinch to my arm starts to blacken my vision again just as we turn the corner.