Chapter 9

I awake to the blinding light as I try to prop myself up on the comfy couch. The sound of Tom’s screaming voice as he shouts with excitement rings through my ears as he comes closer to me and the rest of the lads as they surround me.

‘Tom! Tom!’ screams the same familiar voice I heard before I blacked out.

I look around the room, in search for Nathan, but he is nowhere to be seen. I still can’t get a clear view of whom the familiar voice belongs to. I sit up straight slowly, hoping to get a better view of everyone around me, I bring one hand to the side of my head as the throbbing pain gets slightly less painful.

‘Where…’ my voice is all croaky as I try to spit out my words that are barely audible.

‘Where’s Nathan? He’s in the kitchen,’ says Siva.

I look around the room again, hoping the familiar girl has turned around so I can see her face, but she has disappeared. I look toward the kitchen doorway, just in time to see a slim female leg disappear around the corner. I try to stand but get a sudden head rush, causing me to sit back down on the couch.

‘What happened?’ I ask, once again holding my pounding head.

‘When you went to leave, just before you opened the door,’ Max starts to explain until he gets interrupted.

‘Nicolla came bursting through the door!’ Jay interrupts.

‘Nicolla?’ I ask even more confused seeming I don’t recall knowing anyone with that name, but her voice is so familiar.

‘And when the door swung open from her entrance, it sort of knocked you back, by hitting you on the side of your head.’

‘Wait, who is this Nicolla chick?’

‘Don’t know, but she seems to know Tom very well.’

After the lovely conversation with the lads, Max goes upstairs; maybe to return to his girlfriend Michelle, they make the perfect couple. Jay leaves out the front door, not knowing where he may be off to this time. While Siva heads to the music room.

My phone continues to vibrate in my pocket, non-stop, I get my phone out and look at all my twitter messages, that I have been tagged in. I log onto my twitter account and take a look at what I am being tagged in.

I read all my messages like: ‘OMG! Poor Kiara, how can Nathan do this to her?’

‘What is Nathan thinking? He is in love with Kiara’ ‘Kiara don’t believe this honey, celeb news is never always true!’

I begin to grow really curious of what everyone is talking about, I click onto the trending stories that everyone is posting.

The shock that follows, is worse than getting your heart ripped out repeatedly.

Nathan Sykes finds new girl?

Nathan Sykes, 18, the youngest member of the world wide known British, Irish boy band, ‘The Wanted’ was spotted on April 24th, getting close and personal with a brunette mystery woman. As recent sparks flew when he tweeted a picture of him and his new girlfriend Kiara Banks not only four weeks ago, he is now sparking new rumours. Is he really the player everyone says he is?

The angry that burns inside me, now knowing that during the same time I was sort of with Tom, he has been getting close and personal with this mystery woman. I stand a bit to fast, causing me to lean against the arm of the couch, till the room stops spinning in circles, until the throbbing pain in the head lessens enough for me to be able to move, without seeing double. It takes a few minutes to be able to catch my footing, and be able to move around again.

I take slow, small steps toward the kitchen, feeling an itch of dryness in my throat, needing a drink of water desperately. I still hope that Nathan is still in the kitchen, seeming everyone else has disappeared and gone their own way for the time being, except Tom who is still sitting in the lounge room playing on his phone. I walk around the corner, just about to reach up into the first cupboard where all the glasses are kept, the one thing that catches my eyes, in the whole room, right in the far corner…

The beautiful slim figured girl, with her long straight brunette hair, leaning up against someone, lips locked with his. For some unknown reason I look down at their legs, hers are entwined with his, his shoes familiar black leather boots that they seem like they are too big for his feet, knowing immediately who that belong to, the one and only, Nathan James Sykes. The pain that burns inside my heart, the image that has me speechless, standing in the same spot unable to move, as my heart shatters into a million pieces.

I quickly get movement back into my legs, as tears are now streaming down my face, heart racing faster then ever before, my fists clenching with the thought of wanted to punch both of them in the face. I slam the cupboard I had opened a jar, just before running out through the lounge past Tom, not bothering to look back to find out it Nathan is racing after me. When I make it out the front door, instead of hearing it slam behind me, it closed quietly, as someone has followed me.

I turn around to find I’m in the safe arms of Tom. A jet of warmth shot through me calming me almost instantly, making me dizzy, and forgetting everything that had just happened. Tom then turns me around so that my back is pressed against his chest, feeling his heart beat against the back of mine. He kisses the nape of my neck sending chills down my spine and loops his arms around my torso, dragging me closer to the railing.

‘What happened in there?’ Tom asks, whispering into my ear.

The moment between us is ruined; I slowly turn back around to face him, wiping the few tears that are still escaping my eyes.

‘I went in to get a glass of water, as you saw,’ I turn my head to the side, looking away from his gorgeous face, as I see him slightly nod his head in agreement.

‘But when I got, in there, I witnessed the worse thing in my life, I saw…’ I can’t finish my sentence without tearing up again, stopping me from speaking for a moment.

‘I saw… Nathan and… and that Nicolla chick.’

‘What? What were they doing Kiara,’ Tom insists as he lets go of his embrace, and leaves me at arms length from him.

‘Why do you care anyways?’ I ask wiping my tears away once again.

‘Because… Because she is my sister, well step sister.’

‘What?’

‘Kiara, please finish, what were they doing?’

‘Umm… they were I don’t know, making out with each other, she was all over him.’

I had to sort of scream the last few words, as Tom had already flew back inside. As quick as he had left me outside alone, the quicker I was a few feet behind him.

‘HEY!!!’ A high-pitched yell comes from the kitchen.

Tom must be starting something, not being able to control his temper, when it comes to family. I stand in the door way, just in time to witness Nathan trying to fend Tom’s punches, Tom gets a few hits into Nathan, but so does Nathan, landing one right into Tom’s jaw bone. I look around trying to see if Max, Jay or Siva are near by, but then remembering they are out, or upstairs. I inch closer, slowly, Nathan blocks a few more blows from Tom, but just as Tom blocks a blow from Nathan, the swing goes straight pass Tom, without stopping, the punch keeps coming off to the side, closer to where I am standing, trying to get them both to stop.

Instead of the sharp pain in the side of my head from having the door knocked into me, I get an even worse pain right into my nose, knocking me back, into the side of the kitchen bench, warm liquid flowing from my nose. I place a hand to the pain, but when I move my hand back away slowly, the sight of the warm liquid of blood left on my hand leaves me dizzy; the room starts spinning around again, seeing double of everything. The last image I see is Tom giving one last punch to Nathan, before they both rush to my side.