Chapter 6

I stay seated on the sofa not sure of what else to say. I pass my hands through my hair, trying to rack my brain for answers.

‘We got to leave soon guys,’ Tom warns poking his head next to Nathan’s at the doorframe.

Tom leaves; I shift my eyes between Nathan and the floor between us both.

‘Why me?’ I ask in a whisper, staring at my hands.

‘What? Why you?’ Nathan asks confused not only on his face but in his voice as he inches closer and sits in the chair across from me.

How are we going to act when we are in the small space of the car to the studio, if we don’t work this out not, I think.

‘Why did you choose me out of all the girls from the school that were all over you?’

‘I never thought someone would question why. But from the moment I saw you I knew I had to try and get to know you, you didn’t even have a care in the world who I was at first.’

‘But we only know each other for like two weeks, and you know hardly anything about me.’

‘Then still come to the studio with us and stay all day.’

I don’t answer, he waits for me to speak, but I can’t, I just sit in silence. He stands and leaves the room, slowly shaking his head. I just don’t know what to do or say anymore. Before we know it we were all pilling into the van, ready to leave. We’re driving slowly through the busy, built up traffic in London, trying to make our way to the studio. Everyone’s quiet, right now the radio is all that we can hear. We haven’t talked to each other since we left, we haven’t been together for long, but the pain and the urge that I feel to just hold your hand is to strong to try and fight for much longer.

My mind slows down going through all few good memories we have spent together, but my heart beats fast right now, scared that this could be the end of our short relationship. I cant take it any longer, the strength I felt moments ago is gone, it was a tiny, stupid argument that’s caused this much chaos. I just need you, your fingers entwined with mine, to try and let you know that it’s okay between us. We stop outside the studio, loads of fans are waiting for the boys to exit from the van, and we slowly try our best to get to the door with the help of Martin and Kevin.

I walk behind Nathan not paying much attention around us, as the crowd of fans start pushing closer, a feel a warm hand entwine with mine, I look up from the ground to see an awkward smile on Nathan’s face. I lean in closer to him, close enough for him to hear me, ‘We need to talk.’ As we finally make it to the door, Nathan and I are the last two in, the door closes behind us and I can still briefly hear people screaming out my name, and others screaming rude remarks. I just have to focus on telling Nathan what was really bugging me, no more hiding anymore.

‘I hate this,’ I say once we are both along.

‘You hate what?’ Nathan asks turning around in a hurry.

‘That wasn’t the only reason why I snapped at you.’

‘There’s reasons other than the twitter upload?’ he asks confused.

‘There have been some family dramas at home, its just that no matter what happens in the past, it always finds its way back to the present or somewhere in the future, seeking to ruin lives. Also I guess I just took out the angry that’s been taken out on me, I took it out on you, I’m sorry.’

I turn to leave, thinking I was foolish trying to explain it all.

‘Wait,’ he says spinning me around on the spot before I could make it to the door.

‘What is it?’

Without any words, his lips traced my collarbone. I arched my back and grabbed the back of his neck pulling him closer. Our teeth clicked and his tongue found mine and as long as I could stay here like this, I didn’t need to breathe. We left the past misunderstanding locked in this kiss – one so long awaited and so passionate it made everything else around me go fuzzy. It was a kiss most people dreamed of all their lives, the kiss I never thought I would experience within this short week.

‘I think we better head back to the boys, before they start to think of crazy things we could be doing.’

We both let out a giggle as we make our way to the main part of the studio where all the magic happens. Our fingers entwined together as we sit down near Tom, Max and Siva on the floor surrounding the Mac Book.

‘Hey, where’s Jay?’ I ask looking around trying to find him.

‘I think he’s gone to get some food.’

I rest my head on his shoulder, looking up into his lovely green eyes, his arm wrapped around me, all of us listening to soundtrack demos.

‘Man, I thought you guys broke up, I thought I was gonna get my Nathan back to myself,’ Jay raises his voice as he walks through the door.

‘That’s mean man,’ says Tom not even looking up from the computer screen.