The Jealous Mister

Jason woke up and almost had a heart attack when he realized that he was face to face with Alex on the bed. He also realized that he had his arm around Alex's waist which he removed slowly, so as not to wake him up. He moved back a little to look at the man sleeping next to him. He was wearing the boxers and t-shirt than Jason had lent him. It was almost rags compared to all the expensive clothes that he usually wears and even then, he looked so at peace and not to mention, attractive. 'Staring at someone sleep, I have really gone crazy' Jason thought to himself and sat up on the bed. Alex groaned at the sudden movement but didn't wake up. Jason carefully climbed out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He even took the time to comb his hair but then thought it would look like he put a lot of effort early in the morning so disheveled it again with his hand. 

He came out of the bathroom to find Alex sitting up on the bed. He was stretching when he saw Jason and smiled, 'Good morning!' Jason stood there stunned. How can one smile from Alex affect him like this? 

Alex raised his eyebrow and climbed out of bed. He was right in front of Jason. 'Do you not feel well? Is everything okay?' Jason took a sharp breath and nodded. 'I am fine.' Alex then pulled him into a hug. He smelled good and Jason unconsciously pressed his nose against Alex's neck. Alex's hands around his waist tightened. Jason sighed and shyly planted a small kiss near his ear and whispered 'Good morning!'. Alex smiled and leaned back a little so that they could be face to face. 'Do you want to have breakfast together?' Jason nodded. 'Okay, let me wash up'. Alex let go and Jason started to get ready. He put on his jeans and t-shirt. When he looked at the mirror, he realized that he was sporting blushed cheeks. 'Damn it, what is with me nowadays?'

They decided to walk to the nearest food court to get something to eat. 'What do you like to eat?' asked Jason. Alex smiled, 'I am not very fussy about food. I eat everything.' Jason frowned, 'But you must have some favourites?' Alex thought about it for a while, 'I guess the only thing that I ever get cravings for is chocolate cake. My mother used to make delicious chocolate cakes.' Jason asked curiously, 'Used to.' Alex sighed and said softly, 'My parents passed away in a car accident when I was in the 4th standard.' Jason stopped walking and Alex followed suit. 'Jason, it's fine. I am alright. You don't have to worry.' Jason turned to look at Alex, 'Did those kids bully you because of that?' Alex shook his head, 'I didn't deal with their deaths very well and I started to shut out my friends and classmates. They probably thought that I was being snooty and vain.' Jason continued walking with Alex in tow. 'Why are you sympathetic towards those idiots?' Alex laughed, 'I wasn't always this understanding. I have been in many fights to figure out that everybody has their own crap to deal with. They tend to take out their anger on someone else because they have been on the receiving end from someone in their lives. It's a vicious cycle, the only way out is to make it stop when it reaches you.'

Jason stopped and turned to face Alex. 'You seem to be good to be true.' Alex moved closer and Jason's heart started beating with full force. 'I don't think I am good at all. For example, right now, I am just thinking about how I am going to do unspeakable things to you once we go back.' Jason looked scared and Alex laughed. He caressed Jason's face. 'I am just joking.' Jason pulled Alex's hair which made him wince. 'Don't tease me punk.' Alex nodded with a smile when Jason let go of his hair. 'Okay, okay.'

.......................................................................................................................................................

There were halfway through breakfast when a girl approached their table. She was beautiful, every boy in the food court was stealing glances at her. She smiled at Alex who asked her to sit beside him. 'This is Erica, she is a senior is my department.' Alex introduced her to Jason. 'Hi, I am Jason.' She shook his hand. 'Nice to meet you.' Then she started talking to Alex about an assignment that he needed help with. Jason played with his food and bit his lip every time she touched him or leaned too close to him. They spoke for about 15 minutes before she got up to leave. 'Bye Jason' she said before leaving. He just shrugged. 

Alex smiled at Jason, 'Sorry about that. I need to get the assignment ready by tomorrow so I will need to rush back to put in the additions that Erica suggested. I will pay for the meal so you can take your own time.' Jason shrugged. Alex looked at him intently, 'Is anything wrong?' Jason shook his head. 'Okay, see you soon.' Alex left and Jason dropped his fork which made a loud noise and everybody turned to look at him which made him feel embarrassed so he picked up the plates and dumped them in the waste bin before walking out of the food court. 

.................................................................................................................................................

The next day, Jason got a message from Alex.

'Assignment done. Erica and I are going to go for a couple of beers, you want to come along?'

Jason cursed inwards before typing, 'Sure, why not.'

...............................................................................................................................................

The three of them decided to go to the closest pub near their dorms. They ordered beers and there was an acoustic band so they couldn't really talk much. Jason would take a big swig whenever Erica would lean towards Alex and then both of them would smile. They left the pub around 11, they walked Erica home first. They packed some food and then ate in Alex's room. After they had finished, Jason was sitting on the bed. His head was buzzing a little. He was sipping on water. Alex had changed into his sleep pajamas. 

Alex looked at his worried, 'Hey, are you alright? You spoke so little today. Are you having a headache?' Jason smirked, 'Yeah, I am having a headache. I have to go. See you later.' He got up to leave but Alex caught his hand. 'Hey, are you pissed at me?' Jason pulled his hand away and started walking towards the door. 'You know, it is one thing to act moody in front of me but why did you have to be so unfriendly towards Erica?' Jason turned and stared at Alex, 'You have got to be kidding me.' Alex raised an eyebrow, 'What?' Jason grabbed Alex's collar and pushed him against the wall. Jason looked him up and down, 'If you two wanted to go on a date, you shouldn't have invited me. I am so sorry for ruining your chances with Erica.' Alex didn't try to escape, instead he tilted his head to one side and smiled warmly. 'Are you jealous?' Jason let go of his collar and stepped back. 'No, are you crazy?' 

Alex took his phone out of his pocket and was searching for a number. 'So, it's okay if I call her over for a night-cap?' Alex smiled when Jason grabbed the phone and threw it on the bed. He looked at the fuming man in front of him and leaned back against the wall. 'I think..... ' He couldn't continue as Jason came closer and started kissing him. Jason tasted of beer and peanuts. Alex sighed when Jason's hands slid under his polo t-shirt. His hands were cold but they felt good against his warm skin. Jason let go of his lips and stared into those charismatic eyes that have made him feel emotions that he had never felt before. 'I think there is no going back now' he whispered. Alex licked his lips and ran his fingers through Jason's soft silky hair. 'I think I am okay with that.' Jason nodded before kissing him again.