"Hey, Emma," Graham says softly. "Hey, Graham. So, any leads?" I say getting straight to the point. Graham laughs "Emma. Always straight to the point. Well no not yet. I'm working on it. We all are" referring to the police department. All though I'm mostly just a bail-bonds person, I work pretty closely with NYPD and I have some friends on the force so we all kind of watch out for each other. His words make me feel a bit better. Until he kept talking that is "The medic just informed me that because your ribs need to heal you'll need to be on bed rest for at least the rest of the week".

    "A week? I need to help you all find the assholes that did this. And I need to find out why" I plead. Graham shakes his head "I'm sorry this happened Emma but you need time to heal. Right Henry? Back me up on this." He says looking over at Henry. "Yeah, he's right mom. You'll be back on your feet next week" he replies. Before I could respond he continues "Also, a week of rest is better than you injuring yourself more or something even worse happen to you mom." And that was it. Henry is right he needs me and I can't put myself in danger like this. Not when I have him relying on me. I have to be smart about this.

    I nod my head and say "Your right kid. Hey, don't worry. I'm here for the long haul".  Graham says "Good. Now, Emma, I'm going to go over what we're gonna do to find the suspects. First, we're gonna need each of you to describe who was here so we can use that to find them. After that I will go t-" Killian interrupts him "Graham?"

    We all look up at Killian who given he was already in a bad mood, probably is even more pissed. Seeing Graham sitting at my bedside well couch side probably isn't a sight he wants to see. Killian just continues calmly "Thank you for coming. I appreciate all your doing for us." I raise my eyebrow. Really? He's not pissed or anything. If Neal had walked in on me and someone he thought was interested in me. Well...let's just say it wouldn't end well. For either of us. "Of course. Emma and Henry are like family." Graham smiles.

Family. The words echo in my mind as the sleeping pills slowly carry me away.

~~~~~

    It's been two days since the "incident" and Mary Margaret and David are planning to come over to help me clean. My ribs still hurt but it's gotten better because of the medication and I actually listened and rested. I hear the doorbell and get up out of my bed slowly. I manage to make it to the door without grabbing onto anything. I check who it is through the peephole which is something I will definitely always do after that night. I open the door and see a worried looking Mary Margaret and a David holding what looks like bags of food and groceries. I smile and open the door for them.

    "Emma! I was worried sick about you. I am so glad Killian called and told us. I simply can not believe you did not!" Mary Margaret says looking madder than I ever thought she could get. She is usually just a calm, lovey-dovey elementary teacher.

    "Hey, I just did not want to worry you. I knew you would rush over here all worried and I did not want to trouble you. Or David" I add and look past Mary Margaret to greet David. He finishes putting the groceries down then waves back. Mary Margaret however, is still fuming.

    "Emma we are like sisters!" Mary Margaret insists and I look back at her and sigh. "I know. Really, I do. I'm sorry you're right I should have called you". Satisfied with that answer, she sighs and her angry facade melts. She pulls me into a tight hug and I wince. "Oh no! I am so sorry Emma!" she says. I laugh and say "Don't worry about it. My ribs have gotten much better already".

    I walk over to the kitchen and call out "David, you can bring the bags here." David does what I say and brings over all the bags. I look inside some and say "Wow you guys really went all out. Pop tarts?" I ask holding up a box of strawberry pop tarts. David shrugs "For Henry".

    I finish pulling out the rest of the items with the help of the two. I am definitely glad they brought all this stuff though. I obviously have not been in well enough to go shopping and Henry's been busy with school so we have, in short, run out of food. Well, unless you count goldfish and granola bars as food. I would have told Killian but I would feel bad worrying him. I know that he would not mind and I just need to be dependent on him sometimes but I am just not at that point yet. We aren't at that point yet.

    I make some tea (Mary Margaret is trying to stop drinking coffee) and we sit in the living room. During our small talk, David gets a call and has to leave. He departs but not after giving me his best wishes and giving Mary Margaret a big hug and maybe a kiss. Or two. After David closes the door behind him Mary Margaret sits back down on the couch still staring dreamily at the general direction of the door.

    "Earth to Mary Margaret? Hello?" I say. Suddenly she shakes her head and blinks as if suddenly waking up from a dream. "Sorry" Mary Margaret mumbles and her cheeks turn as red as a tomato. "I like him. David, I mean. Compared to the jerks, no offense, you've dated in the past, David is a pretty top-notch guy. I am genuinely so happy for you" I say grabbing her hand.

    Growing up, I never had a best friend. I had friends I would know for months at a time then I would never hear from them again. Not that I ever wanted them to. Even as a teenage girl I never fantasized about the silly-teenage-best friends-gossiping-boy crazed life. All I wanted was a family. A mom and dad. I also wanted a little sister or brother. That's it. I did not want a big house, nice car, or even a bunch of friends. I just wanted to be normal. I just wanted to not be alone.

    Now, however, I have a best friend and a family. That is all I ever wanted. I smile at Mary Margaret and thank my lucky stars I found her. "Thank you Emma" she replies just as genuine.

    "We should go on a double date soon. I know David and I are moving pretty fast compared to you and Killian. David is just perfect" she sighs lovingly. "There is just one thing I hate about being with him" Mary Margaret continues and I raise my eyebrow. "Trouble in paradise," I ask knowing Mary Margaret is usually an optimistic person and never sees an issue with anything so something she "hates" about being with David must really be bad.

    Mary Margaret shakes her head and says "No there is nothing wrong with David besides the fact that he is perfect" emphasizing the "is". I sit back on the couch, careful not to hurt my ribs and say "Yeah I don't really see the issue". She nods "Well the problem is, I am not the only woman who sees his perfection. Wherever we go women drool over him. Like he's some kind of piece of meat at a market. Even when we hold hands the waitress slips her number on the receipt! I mean I trust David so it's not like I'm worried he's going to cheat it's just annoying." Mary Margaret says falling back on the couch exhausted from her rant.

    "So how does David react to this attention?" I ask and she says "Well with the waitresses he just laughs and shows me the receipt right away. Other times he just ignores" I raise my eyebrows when she says "Waitresses" plural. She nods "Yes. Multiple."

    "Okay, I've seen David. He's not that great" I say teasing Mary Margaret. "Yes, he is" she kicks my leg "He's the perfect prince charming". I shrug and put my feet up "I always liked the anti-hero". Mary Margaret scoffs "Oh like Shrek? Or maybe Oscar the Grouch?" I laugh in a deadpan tone then add "No like Chuck Bass or The Punisher. Oh and Captain Jack Sparrow". Mary Margaret shakes her head. "You'd really pick a pirate over a prince?" she asks. I look her straight in the eyes picturing Killian on his boat, smiling with the wind blowing through his hair and say "Any day."

~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE 

Hey everyone! New update coming soon! With a lot more action. 

Emma really likes pirates, doesn't she? Haha, see you all next chapter. Also, remember: Read~Like~Comment~Repeat!