18 || Rosy Red Empress

(IU and OhHyuk - Can't Love You Anymore)

Bai Xing Feng P.O.V.

Oh my beloved. My sweetest darling Hua Xiao Dan. I already know how pleased you will be to see my surprise. It will be better than the moment you entered the palace as my one and only love. If only the event could have been prepared quicker and I could spoil you with all the future riches. This Moon Festival will be dedicated to you and your reign as Empress. 

"Emperor, the fish lanterns have been hung on the gateway of the palace's entrance and the final step is to grant the people with new year treats." My royal advisor reported. 

"Of course. This year we shall make it the most lavish the people have ever received. Through this strenuous war, everyone is tired. Send the people each one mung bean mooncake with salted egg and a box of lóng​ xū​ táng​. Spare no expense." I instructed. 

( lóng​ xū​ táng​ = dragon beard candy)

"Are you absolutely sure Emperor? This will take a great sum out of our military profit

"Are you absolutely sure Emperor? This will take a great sum out of our military profit."

"Each new year that has passed, the people have suffered because of the war. If they are angered, they will all turn against me. We need to show our benevolence."

"Indeed, Your Majesty. I will do as you wish."

"One more thing. During the festival. My Empress and I will head through out the night market ourselves and hand out Bing Tanghulu to the children. Prepare those as well."

(Bing Tanghulu = candied hawthorn; Chinese haw) 

"The Empress..." My advisor paused and seemed to be deep in thought. 

"Is something the matter?" I sternly remarked for I assumed he did not agree with Hua Xiao Dan as the Empress. I was extremly worried that Hua'er would face hatred in my palace even if she was liked by most of my staff and court members.