Chapter 4

*Victoria's POV*

Next day of school comes around. Oh goody. This time I'm not so happy. I get dressed, eat breakfast, and drive to get Penelope.

I'm taking Pre Calculus, so I carry around a book, calculator, pencils, and paper all day. I've been studying hard because math has never been my strong point, but I'm trying as hard as I can. I go get my books for my class as I see Taylor walking over with some flowers..uh what? This has got be a joke. He must really have fun torturing me.

"Hey Victoria" he smiles while still holding the bouquet of flowers.

"Uh, hi.. wait did you just call me Victoria?" I surprisingly ask.

"Yup, I did and I bought you these flowers to show you how sorry I am."

"Uh, thanks..so when's this prank going to happen? I have to get to class."

"There's no prank. I'm serious these flowers are for you and I am sorry for mistreating you so badly."

Wow. Major change in Taylor. This change is kind of scary actually. He's not trying to torment me? I'm sure something is going on but I don't know what and I don't care I've got to get to class.

"Well, I gotta go to class, see ya." I say and shut my locker and leave with my books and flowers.

"Bye." he says smiling.

*Taylor's POV*

Yes! She took the flowers! Awesome, but wait she didn't actually forgive me. And she kept asking if there's a prank. I need to talk to her, maybe tell her how I really feel. Wait no, what am I thinking. I can't do that. That might scare her away. I just need to tell her that all this funny business is done with.

"Ayoo Taylor!" I hear Dillon shout from across the hall. "Aye wassup man?" "Dude I got the best prank to pull on the nerdy girls today at lunch!" "Look man, I think we should leave them alone, don't ya think? We've messed with them our whole lives, lets give it a break." "Dude! Did you grow a vagina or something? Why stop now? This is our chance to be legends!!" I look at Dillon confusingly. "Legends of what exactly.." "Oh I don't know man it just sounded cool" He chuckled. "I don't know man, I don't wanna mess with them anymore." "You like one of them don't you? It's the brunette one too huh? Taylor's gotta crush!" "No man, no I do not." "Then for good times sake do this last prank with me man." I shrug and head to class. "Cmon Taylor, you know you wanna!" He shouts at me while I walk off. 

*Victoria's POV*

I can barely concentrate on pre cal. These flowers smell amazing, but no I'm not forgiving him. I still feel like he has something sneaky going on. And I'm not giving into it.

Lunch rolls around and Penelope and I grab our lunch bags and sit down.

"I brought a chicken salad today" Penelope said.

"And I brought a chicken sandwich" I said back.

"You know I enjoy this friendship, its like I always have food when you're around and you know that is so important to me" she says sarcastically.

I get up to go throw my trash away. As I turned around I'm met by Dillon and his friends. Taylor is no where to be found which is weird. "Uh, excuse me guys." "Nope, stay right there." "Why?" "You'll see" Dillon says with a smirk. And then it happened..

A bucket full of pork beans were dumped on me. I stood there in shock. The whole cafeteria bursted into laughter. I even heard some start to say 'oink oink.' And there he was. Taylor . Standing there with the bucket in his hands. He mouthed to me 'I'm sorry.' I ran out of the cafeteria to the front doors of the school and went to my car. Again? The laughing stock again? I will never hear the end of this. I hear a pound on the window of my car. Its Taylor. He opens the door. I just look at him with tear-filled eyes.

"Why? Why Taylor? What have I've ever done to you to make you hate me so much!" I nearly scream at him.

"Nothing, I don't hate you. I just it wasn't my idea-"

"Then why'd you do it. Do you know this is probably gonna be the worst year because of you. I can barely concentrate on my work and now this happens. I'll never hear the end of it. Leave me alone Taylor. Go find some one else to pick on."

"I'm so sorry Victoria. I-I just really..nevermind I'll leave you alone forever."

"Thank you, now can you please just go.."

"Okay.."

I closed my car door. My head in the steering wheel and cried. I cried so much because I can't bare to think what is going to happen tomorrow..