Chapter Thirteen

Summers P.O.V

"She should wake up any time now, but it's better that she rest." I heard a voice say, "Ok thank you doctor for all you did." Another voice said, I think it was Mac.

"Mac? What happened?" I asked slowly sitting up, "You had a crash, but your ok now." he said, he look so tired, "Have long have I been out?" I asked taking a sip of water. "A couple days, the doctor said you had a bad concussion." he said leaning back in his chair yawning. "Is it just you?" I asked, "Yup, and Jackson came by to see if you were ok." he said.

"He did, why?" I asked him, "He helped me carry you up the hill you went off." he said, "What time is it?" I asked so I won't think about that thought.

"2:00a.m. I think." He said looking at the clock. "Are my mom and dad here?" I asked laying my head against my pillow. "They were but I told them go home, they looked like ghosts." he said pulling out a foot rest and leaning back.

"You can go home if you want you look like you could use some sleep." I said looking at him. "Nah I'm not leaving you here by yourself. I'm too much of a gentleman for that." he said as he held my hand. "Thanks." I said smiling at him, he smiled back at me. "Goodnight beautiful." He said kissing my forehead. "Goodnight my country boy." I said smiling as I closed my eyes and started to fall asleep.

"Good morning beautiful." I heard Mac said to me, I opened my eye to see him looking at me with his kind and gentle eyes. I smiled, "Good morning." I said,

"Your breakfast is here, you get pancakes and three hash browns. Well two hash browns." he said, I laughed.

I sat up, I could smell the fresh pancakes. I look down to see them shaped like a horse. "Why are they in the shape of a horse, I thought they only did that for kids." I said as Mac sat down beside me and the hospital bed.

"They don't but I do." he said putting his arm around me and hugging me lightly. "You made them, for me?" I asked looking at him. "Yep and they have a secret ingredient." he said looking at them. I cut a piece off and ate it. It tasted like vanilla and chocolate chips. "There wonderful, thank you." I said. "So what's the news on me?" I asked, "Well you had a concussion and a couple cuts and bruises. Other than that you perfectly fine." he said as he stole a bite of the pancakes. "When do I get to go home?" I asked, "Maybe tomorrow, but today they wanna X-ray your head to make sure you don't have any cracks in your skull." he said as he yawned.

"When do they want to do that?" I asked taking a bite of some hash browns. "After breakfast but they said not to rush you." he said leaning back on the hospital bed. "Well I think I'll full now." I said pushing the tray away and leaned back and laid my head on his chest. I heard the door open and turned to look toward it. "Hello Summer, are you ready for you X-ray?" the doctor asked.

"Yes, how long will it take?" I asked.

"Not very long just slip your shoes on and follow me." he said stepping outside the door. I got up and put on my shoes and follow the doctor with Mac right behind me.

"You'll have to wait out here." He said walking inside the room where the X-ray was. "Ok." Mac said and sat down in the chairs beside the door. "Ok I need you to sit in this chair, do you have any metal or jewelry?" he asked me, "Oh oops I forgot my necklace." I said as I lifted it over my head and laid it on the table. After the X-rays were done I went back to my room where I found my mom, dad, and Mac.

"We brought you some clothes from home since your come back tomorrow." my mom said laying my camo duffle bag on the floor.

"Ok thanks mom." I said sitting down. "Oh hey is there pjs in my bag?" I asked walking toward it. "Yes, why?" She asked, "Because I'm tired of wearing hospital clothes." I said picking up the bag and walking toward the bathroom. I changed and walked back out. I'm happy she brought me the pants pjs and a old shirt. Because one, Mac is staying here with me and two, this hospital is freezing cold. I walked out to see Emma there talking to Mac.

"Summer! I'm so happy that your better." Emma said as she hugged me. "Me too." I said and she let go and sat down by Mac I sat on the hospital bed. "So when do you leave?" Em asked, "Tomorrow." I said leaning back. We talked some more and then my mom and dad left, and Emma too shortly after.

It was just me and Mac. "So whatcha wanna talk about?" I asked him, "I dunno, how about your birthday?" he asked, he remembered. "Ok sure, I don't know if I want to have a party or not but, if I do I would like to go to the lake." I said pulling the blanket over my legs. "I'm pretty sure they'll let you do that." He said, "Oh hey what happened to my truck?" I asked afraid it was done for. "Well it needs a new bumper, fender, and new front end. other that it pretty good." he said, that gunna take I little more money than a have, guess I'll be working extra this summer. "Hey until I get it fixed can you my ride. But I won't bother you all the time."

I asked, "Sure, I'm happy to help." he said. "Thank you." I said smiling, he smiled back. "Ok well I think I'm gonna go to sleep, Goodnight Mac." I said leaning back and pulling a cover over me. "Goodnight summer sweet dreams." he said getting up and walking toward me and kissed my forehead then laid down on the couch.

~ dream ~

"Hey, Jackson would you ever kiss me?" I asked, "Yeah I would, would you ever kiss me?" he asked, I was happy of his response, "Yes I would." I said looking up into his bright blue eyes, getting lost in them. "When?" he asked picking up a rock and throwing it in the creek,

"I don't know?" I said looking away from him as I blushed, "How about now?" he said, the he kissed me not letting me answer, my first kiss I thought it was wonderful, I was both happy and excited. he pulled back and looked at me, I was getting lost in his eyes again but I didn't care. "You didn't really give a change did you?" I said blushing again,

"Because I was afraid of what you'd say, so I just took a chance." he said,

"I love you Summer, don't you forgot that." he said hugging me and kissed my forehead. "I love you too." The last sentence echoed in my head.

~ End Dream ~

I awoke with a gasp, I looked around and saw Mac softly snoring and the couch. I looked at my phone and saw the time was 2:00.

I thought back to my dream it was my favorite memory of me and Jackson, it pained me to think about. I look toward my table and saw a sunflower laying beside a note. I opened the note and read,

"Summer I'm sorry that I hurt you, I never meant to. I know that your probably think that I'm lying because, I feel bad for you

Cause of your crash. But no Im not, I truly am sorry for everything a did and said. I hope you can forgive me.

~ Jackson"

I dropped the note in my lap and thought about what I just read. He's sorry, he really is sorry, I looked at the sunflower and grabbed it and brought it closer to me. As I look I remembering how we were. I hate to admit but I still love him, but I miss him more. He remember that this was my favorite flower. Damn my photographic memory.

-----------

-------

----

Sorry it's sooooo late, but now I'll update as fast as I can hope you like that new chapter.