{24}

"So where are we going?" Loki asks as we walk down the sidewalk. The breeze was cool and the traffic heavy. Typical for New York.

"Like I said, you'll see," I smile, shoving my hands into my jacket pockets. I pull out a small piece of paper with the name of the store written on it and stop walking, looking up at the building in front of us, "We're here!"

"Target?" Loki questions, "This is our adventure?"

"Hey!" I smack his arm, "Don't ruin my first time grocery shopping!"

Loki sighs, pulling me into the store, "The most I've done is buy fruit from a market, but how different can this be?"

I smile, hugging his arm as he grabs a basket. We make our way to the produce, grabbing everything needed to make salads, before roaming around the store to look for everything else needed.

"Stark didn't give me a list...what do mortals eat?" I sigh, lazily holding a gallon of milk, "Like, snack food wise."

"Crisps?" Loki asks, grabbing a small bag of chips from the shelf, "We're definitely getting chocolate."

I grin, watching as he excitedly grabs three boxes of chocolate from the shelf. I chuckle before walking down the isle, looking for something else. I pick up a small, blue box and walk back to Loki.

"You ever had this?" I ask, handing him the box.

"You've never had popcorn?" He frowns, throwing the box into the basket, "Go grab two more."

I giggle lightly, quickly grabbing two more boxes and tossing them into the basket, "Is that everything?"

We walk to the front of the store, placing our things on the counter. The cashier rings up our items quickly, placing them in bags as she works.

"That'll be $78.34," she states, patiently waiting for me to count out the bills, "Thank you."

I smile awkwardly, watching as she places the bills into the drawer before handing me a few loose coins.

"Have a good day," she smiles as we grab our bags.

I quickly exit the store, puffing out my cheeks as the cool air hits me,
"I hated that."

"You looked like you had fun getting the food," Loki chuckles, "Or was it the social interaction?"

"Yeah the second thing," I nod, walking closely beside him, "So, Tony told me to spend whatever was left of the cash...do you maybe wanna drop this stuff off and then go do something?"

"Like what?" Loki asks, draping an arm over my shoulder. We vanish from the street, landing in the kitchen of the tower in an instant.

"I don't know," I shrug, beginning to put away the groceries, "Tony mentioned something about buying myself clothes...but I'm not sure about it."

Loki pauses his movements, quickly turning to look at me, "We're absolutely going to buy you new clothes."

"Really? Can't we do something else?"

"We can do something else afterwards. How much money is left?"

I scoff, taking out the money and counting it, "$400, but I'm only spending $50 on clothes at most!"

Loki holds out his hand, "Give me the money."

I growl, slapping the bills into his hand, "One outfit...that's it."

He nods, quickly grabbing my waist before making us appear outside of a large building.

"The mall? Weren't you responsible for destroying this place like two years ago?"

"Oh that's right," Loki chuckles, "I'm sure all is forgiven, but just in case..."

He quickly shifts into the form of a teenaged boy with his clothes the same as before, but he was shorter and his now red hair was tied back into a bun.

"How do I look?" He asks, his voice the same as always.

"Ravishing," I mock as we enter the lobby of the mall, "How did you know I had a thing for younger looking guys?"

"Don't even start. I will turn into a toddler and start pitching a fit."

"So you'll go back to your usual self?"

Loki sighs, "Alright.."

"No don't actually do it!" I exclaim, grabbing his arm tightly.

"I won't," He chuckles, shaking his head, "Here we are."

I sigh as we step into the store, "Can I buy you something?"

"Only if I can buy you two outfits and you have to pick one for yourself as well," he grins, crossing his arms.

I glare at him, squinting my eyes, "Fine, but we only have $400 and this is the mall."

"I have a little cash," Loki smirks as he begins to look around, "Go on now. I want these to be a surprise."

I roll my eyes and walk away, wandering into the men's section to look around for something that screamed, "Loki."

I sigh as I find nothing, still searching through the racks of clothes. I walk along the shelves of suits, freezing as a jacket catches my eye.

"Oh, yes," I whisper to myself, nodding my head.

What's your suit sizes?

What's your sizes?

********

After spending over an hour at the store, we both pick the outfits and make our way to the food court, buying a pizza to share and taking a seat away from everyone else.

"Can I at least see what you bought for yourself?" Loki asks as I place a slice of pizza onto each of our plates. 

"No."

Loki pouts, taking a large bite.

Brat

Don't even start...