Circus Girl 🎪Twenty-five

Start from the beginning

She slowly started cleaning Sungjae up using a clean cloth soaked in warm water and gently cleaning him up as she also changed his clothing. Only his upper body though, Hyunsik and Suho often comes to visit and changes his undergarments as Sooyoung patiently waits outside.

Sooyoung was playing with his right hand while talking to him about random things she did that day.

"Sungjaeyah, So Rim and Tae Kwang made a poem for you. I taught them how, so you should hurry up and wake up so you can finally read them."she exclaimed trying to convince herself that he would waking up any moment now.

She was slowly losing hope since the Doctor informed her that if Sungjae doesn't wake up any time soon it might damage his body, the medicine is no longer effective to him.

"And you know what, I'm going to be a Queen, isn't that surprising? Last time I checked I came from a Circus show and end up as a Cafe owner and then discovering myself as the long lost Princess and now being the future Queen of Silla. My life is full of surprises, isn't it?"she kept on talking to him even though Sungjae was just lying there like he was Sleeping Beauty or something.

A tear escaped her eye as she leaned down and kissed his forehead.

"Could you at least give me a sign that you're still fighting to see me again."she whispered and was surprised to feel Sungjae's hand moved all of a sudden.

O_O

"Sungjae, can you hear me?"she asked again, and was again surprised when his hand made a move like he was telling her he was listening. Sooyoung couldn't contain her happiness as he hugged his fragile body lying on the bed and ran towards the Doctor and told him his progress.

"Well then it looks like Prince Sungjae would be waking up soon." He declared as I couldn't contain myself as I hugged him.

"Thank you so much! Thank you very much!"was all Sooyoung could say as she went back to holding his hand and watching over him.

"You should wake up soon, you'll be shocked upon the changes you'll be seeing."she spoke as she smiled at the man he loves.

------

During Sooyoung's stay in the palace of Joseon she wasn't just watching over Sungjae all day long. She was also having proper lessons in preparing for her coronation, Queen In Na and Princess Go Eun was the one who volunteered to teach her on their free time.

At first Sooyoung was having a hard time adjusting, from picking out the type of clothing a Queen should be wearing, and the kind of proper gestures she should be engaging while communicating with the people.

But as time passes by, Sooyoung slowly managed to change and embraced her upcoming fate as the Queen of Silla. She was having tea time with the Queen of Joseon as Princess So Rim was also with them trying her best to learn being a Queen as well.

Unfortunately their little tea time was interrupted when Princess Hani of Silla arrived unexpectedly with worried expression all over her face.

"Eonnie!"Sooyoung exclaimed as she felt something was off.

"Tae Hee, it's your Mom."upon hearing those words Sooyoung's world crumbled as she quickly stood up from her feet not minding to apologize to Queen In Na for her rude behavior, though In Na didn't mind since the situation looked serious and at the same time alarming.

"What happened?"Sooyoung managed to ask.

"She's ill."Hani revealed which made Sooyoung stiffen upon the revelation. "She wants to see you."Hani added as Sooyoung immediately agreed but then again stopped upon realizing something.