24 | heartbreak & sorrows

Start from the beginning

"You seem awfully happy," Jimin cringed and Taehyung laughed out loud. "I'll take it that it went well."

Taehyung nodded and walked into his room, sitting at his study almost instantly. Jimin followed him out of sheer curiosity. He watched how Taehyung searched for some file. Jimin wondered what had gotten into his best friend's head. It wasn't every day that Taehyung rushed to his room searching for a file.

He took out the file with the agreement sheets and Jimin looked at him in wonder. He walked closer to Taehyung and asked him, "Are you going to sign the deal?" Jimin leaned over Taehyung's shoulder and looked at the sheets.

Taehyung flipped the page and read through the document. Jimin observed how Taehyung's face remained as stoic as it could possibly get. The room remained eerily silent. The only sound that resonated through the walls was the flipping of the pages and the breathing of the two males in the room.

"And to think I could sign the deal," Taehyung grumbled in annoyance and closed the file as soon as he was done analysing it. Jimin stood beside him folding his arms. Taehyung groaned. His head supported in his hands and he held his hair tightly wondering what to do at this moment.

"Too many flaws in the big plan, I presume," Jimin asked rhetorically. Taehyung's head perked up slightly and he glanced at Jimin. He pushed the file slightly to the edge of the table and stood up.

"Just way too many flaws. It's not even mutually benefitting to Rossa. Not even slightly. If anything, they're diplomatically asking me if I could be their saving grace. How bad is Androsia's economy at the moment honestly, if they almost demanded the whole of the profit from this deal?" Taehyung voiced out in annoyance. He couldn't get why kingdoms didn't do anything to benefit themselves in the first place from their own kingdom as they put their own men to work and strive towards excellence.

Taehyung was proud to rule Rossa. He was proud of how his men worked tirelessly. He was proud of how happy his men were and he was proud of how his people were ready to come to him with their own problems. They treated him with the reverence and love he yearned and he couldn't have asked for anything more than this.

Jimin looked at Taehyung and sat on his bed, supporting his entire body's weight on his hands as he leaned backwards slightly. He watched how Taehyung moved from one corner to another of the room. Jimin knew how much it bothered Taehyung when administration anywhere didn't reach the standards he had set up in his own big head.

"Xavier is drafting up everything for this, isn't he?" Jimin enquired.

Taehyung nodded. He clutched and unclutched his hands firmly as soon as he heard the name. Taehyung angrily muttered, "Gosh, I hate that man. I hate that man so much."

"He seems pretty much incompetent at everything he does," Jimin chuckled slightly. Taehyung sat down next to Jimin and looked at him narrowly.

"He still dated Olivia and hurt her so much." Taehyung sounded absolutely hacked off. Fidgeting with the ends of his long shirt tightly, he muttered again quite boldly, "He couldn't even take care of his woman back then. Should I have expected any better from the same man to have taken care of his kingdom?"

"He must be peeved by you," Jimin wondered. "Just stay on guard. You're on his territory. He could do anything to you."

"Why does this sound almost ominous?" Taehyung chuckled with a genuine glee on his face. "Don't jinx it for me, you imbecile."