Fear Overtakes Me pt.2

He swung.

Dodging left and right light danced across the room. Purple and blue mixed together into a violent night sky. The others watched in awe as Shiro ducked and struggled for power against the robot. Shiro couldn't focus on any of them. All he could see was himself. Fighting in the ring. The crowd was cheering as he slaughtered innocents, forgetting who he was. Blood poured down his arm as every victory he ever had lost all valour. Those lives the way they looked at him pleading for mercy of any kind. The way they closed there eyes slowly after losing their last breath stained its self on his soul. But the worst part was in the day when he looked into the eyes of his teammates but all he could find were the dead ones of the fallen who never got the chance to close their eyes. He couldn't stand it thinking about the screams that rapture from their throats as he hits them hoping for theirs and his pain to be over soon. But that never happened. It went on for longer than he could count. Every time they tossed him back into his cell he tallied the walls with their lives. And then he opened his eyes. His arm was against the neck of the machine and slowly he dragged it across its neck decapitating the embodiment of his memories.

Shiro turned around to see everyone staring at him with shocked expressions or dead eyes. He wanted to walk away, to forget everything he saw. So that's exactly what he did. They all became blurs of green, red, blue, yellow, and pink. He left them in the dust of his despair hoping that they might not catch on to what had happened. His boots echoed across the lonely hallways and quick footsteps travelled travelled not far behind them.
He looked backwards to see none other than the boy in blue. Lance cautiously walked forwards until he stood in from of the scared veteran barely a foot away. Lance spoke softly to him saying "let's get you to your bed. I can tell that exercise took a lot." And even sweet things like "it's over" and "I won't let it hurt you. I promise."

Shiro was too lost in his own mind. Everything was dashing around quickly. He could hear what Lance was saying but he wouldn't believe it. At least he thought he knew what Lance was saying. "We know your broken. Your worthless to us Shiro. You killed them. You are the villain. Shiro, can I even call you that anymore or would something else be more appropriate. Maybe the champion." He couldn't take it. This had to have been that stupid witch or something. Lance would never.

Before he even knew just what he was doing his strong hands stretched around Lance's neck and were holding on tightly. Lance's choked breaths echoed around the corridor. Feeling him so weak beneath his fingers gave Shiro an unsettling amount of accomplishment which only encouraged him to grasp Lance's small neck even tighter. His face paled blue from lack of oxygen and so did his fingertips. Shiro seethed an angry red with steam scorching from his ears practically whistling at this point. How dare the witch betray his mind and make him think he was hurting his beloved team mate and future brother in law. With ever minute that passed his anger grew and lances blood circulation slowed. He lifted Lance from the ground leaving his feet to dangle helplessly in the air while his arms clawed at the hands restraining his breath. Just as Lance felt he was about to lose consciousness he heard a call from the other side of the hallway.

"Shiro! Are you okay? What's going on?" Pidge was his saving grace as they frantically asked questions about to turn the corner and see Lance's half dead body limp on the floor. Shiro was taken from his trance and released from his mind by their voice. He ran over to them quickly assuring them of all that had happened.

"Hey Pidge! I'm okay no worries, just having some trouble thinking straight."

"Ha you mean being straight but anyways what's going on? Was that damn witch playing with your mind again?"

"Pidge language. But yes, she made me think I was choking Lance."

"Oh no I'm so sorry Shiro. Speaking of Lance though have you seen him? He ran after you when you left."