Waking up

Waking up from the realistic dream had been painful for Lance. He could feel his head tearing apart at the remembrance of long forgotten memories he had pushed away with good reason. Once he was finally able to get past the pain he could voices surrounding him

"-ance......Lan.....ce!" They were so loud he could hear the voices drumming through his brain. "Lanc- wake up- hey you- afe.... it's okay." Okay, okay he got the idea he's safe, wake up, their talking to you. Wait a minute! Their talking to you! They saw everything! They know it all now. He can't hide anymore. Keith knew how he felt and oh God why are they helping him? He's disgusting! He can't do this! Lance felt his heart rate pick up and his breath go ridged.
Shit.
Suddenly whatever awareness he had of his team was lost to him, he could feel his breath being pushed out of his body by his own lungs. Lance could not feel his breath finding its way back in. As the panic increased he could only think if everything that he had done to himself. His arms were on fire as he unwillingly started scratching them begging for any way to make it stop. Lance could feel the darkness crawling up his back slowly strangling him; but before it could do any permanent damage blues calm voice flooded his head.

"My cub, listen to me. You are okay, I'm here and I will not leave or hurt you." He could feel small gasps of air make their way into his chest, filling him with gratitude for his lion. " Lance you must breath, I will protect you my cub." The blue lion slowly but surely brought Lance back.

Lance was exhausted he fell into whoever arms were holding him and fell asleep.
--------------------------------------------
Coran looked at the frail boy sleeping in his arms. Lance had always reminded him of his son. He had had the same bright spirit and energy as well as ability to hide his emotions, just the same as Lance. It hurt him deeply to see the young boy hurting so deeply with such a traumatic past. He cradled Lance in his arms while bringing him to the couch.(A/N: we had a bonding moment, I cradled you in my arms!) There he knew he would be safe.

Shiro sent Pidge and Hunk to search Lance's room for anything he could be hurting himself with. He absolutely hated the idea that this had been going on for weeks, months, years, who knows how long yet Lance still put everyone else ahead of himself. Pidge and Hunk came back with a small razor blade that looked as if it had been pulled from a shaving razor. After taking the blade and thanking them excusing the two Shiro knew what he had to do but he didn't think he could. Luckily Keith seemed to get the idea and hesitantly rolled up Lance's sleeve to reveal at least a hundred thin white lines that stood out compared to mocha coloured skin if the teen. There were far to many to count and Keith was sure he would get sick if he tried. He contemplated asking Coran and Allura to go to an alien drug store but gave up on the idea as soon as he remembered Allura consulting a teary eyed Coran and walking out of the commons area. So instead they favoured letting the boy sleep. They could talk when he woke up.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Lance woke up a few hours later with a dull ache in his head. His hero sat beside him filling in the blanks of his foggy memory. "So after the training session you had a panic attack" Lance cringed at that part "and passed out."
Lance we're going to go eat but afterwards we will all talk about ways to help each other, ways to help you Lance. We care about you more thank you know. What would we do with out our lady killing sharp shooter.
One amazing meal of food goo later the team was settled in the commons area all some how 5ft or less away from Lance. One person however was always in contact with him. Coran. He wasn't quite sure what the odd man found intriguing about Lance, but he was one to take what he can get. Shiro spoke up, saying one phrase that sent a chill up lances spine.

"When and why was the last time you cut" he never once blinked, he looked so serious
Lance started to blink quickly in order to avoid the tears that begged to stream down his face.