Meeting a bully who turns out to be a sweet dragon.

A/N this is when Spirit is 3

"Mom! Do I HAVE to go?! I've never gone somewhere without you for more than an hour." "I know sweetie." Thorn said, hugging her. "But you'll make friends. You're always complaining that you never have anyone to play with because I'm busy and you're sister has moved out with her husband to start a family. Aren't you always complaining?" "Yes. And I do want to make friends. But what if one of them kidnaps me? And I haven't exactly perfected bocking them out." "I know honey, but there are guards that are their 24/7 and they check everything any time you go out or in."

"Ok..... Are you ready to go?" Spirit asked her mother. "Yes. Come, you'll be ok I promise." Spirit took her mothers talon and walked out through the palace until they arrived at the Dragonet daycare. Spirit swallowed nervously. "Don't worry." Thorn whispered into her ear. She nodded and went in.

"Everyone!" Thorn called as they went in. The dragonets snapped to attention. She said hi to everyone personally. "Ok. Everyone, you have a new dragonet joining here today. She's my daughter. Spirit, come on out." She said, tugging her talon gently to get her from behind her back. Spirit swallowed again and came out.

"Hi." She squeaked out. They nodded to her in greeting. "Ok. Spirit, I have to go ok? Remember I love you. And be careful." She said kissing her forehead. Spirit nodded and kissed her mother on the nose. Thorn left.

The biggest dragonet pushed his way forwards and said, "ok twerp. Listen up. I'm in charge around here. The best stuff goes to me. Got it?! And if you think you can swoop in and just take it. Then you got another thing coming. Got it Twerp?" Spirit stood up straight. However scared she was of coming, she could tell that every dragon here was terrified of this dragonet. "No, you listen here. Just because your bigger and meaner, and stronger than everyone else here. DOESN'T mean you get the best stuff or the most food or be in charge!" She snapped, spiting in his face.

Everyone gasped and cowered in the corner. He grabbed her and pinned her against the wall. "And you listen here. Just because you're the queens daughter doesn't mean you can boss me around! He said punching her in the face. Her head whipped around. She whimpered. As soon as he dropped her. She tackled him. He flipped her over his head and charged. She fell on her back and used her talons to fling him into the wall. She quickly gestured to the other dragonets to get beside her. They did so, feeling brave since she was fighting back.

"Now listen, while you may be bigger than us individually. You're the twerp when we stand up together." He froze as the other Sandwings lifted their tails and yelled "HURRAH!!!"

He froze. She held up a talon to tell them to back off. "What's your name?"

"Camel...."

"Why have you been bullying the other dragonets?"

"I....... I don't know..."

"Everyone does something for a reason."

"I don't want to talk about it." He growled, stomping into the corner.

She went over and placed a talon on his shoulder. "Just tell me, and I'll keep it a secrete." She promised.

"My parents are alcoholics and they are very abusive." He whimpered, flash backs playing in his head. She felt bad for him. "Hey, don't worry. I'll tell my mom that way they don't think it was you. They'll be captured and you'll be free!" She said, smiling.

He smiled back, "thanks."

"Now if you want these other dragonets to not attack you you better apologize." He nodded and went over and apologized.

They seemed unconvinced. "We don't forgive you, but we won't hurt you." They said.

That night.

"Mom, Camels parents are drunkards and they've been abusing him." "Ok thank you. I'll have them arrested. Did you make any friends?" "Yea! Camel! The others don't like him and since I'm friends with him they don't care for me either."