The hatching

Queen Thorn was sitting in front of a black egg with Sand-colored swirls on the shell. "Oh what am I supposed to do?! The note specifically said to NOT tell him/her that she/he was adopted!" "Then you don't." Smolder said coming up and taking her talons. "Raise it as your own. It's the only way." Thorn nodded. "Your right. How is it that you can always calm me dowm?" "Because I've been your husband for 3 years. I know everything about you." He said kissing her cheek. They heard a crack and Thorn ran to the egg. She looked out the window and really started to panic when she saw that there were three moons shining on the egg, which, at some point, had turned silver.

"Great she/he is gonna be a mini Darkstalker."

The dragonet in the egg couldn't understand the words that were being said. But the female dragon she could sense was kind and loving. Her heart is devoted to the male dragon. And it would be devoted to her too. She clawed at her prison and fell out of the egg.  She got up, slipped, and fell back down. And tried again but managed to stay on her feet his time. "Hello." A voice said. She looked up and squeaked happily and tried to stand on her back legs to see her better. But ended up falling into the other half of the egg shell. It was then did she realize that there were voices and images in her head. She played no attention to them and climbed out of the shell wobbling towards the female dragon that she had sensed in her egg.

"There that's it. I'm your mother. Noting will happen to you as long as I'm around, I promise." Thorn said gently picking her new daughter up. "You want to know what your name is don't you?" The dragonet squeaked happily. "Your name is Spirit." The dragonet, now named Spirit, snuggled into her mother and fell asleep.

A/N what do you guys think?