Fairy

Real beauty was not skin-deep.

Qian Cong Hai, for the role of Fairy Qingya, had invited so many outstanding actresses to audition, but these people lacked the feeling he wanted.

He had seen the figures of immortals, goddesses and fairies on murals and paintings. Though the features were vague due to years of erosion, the demeanour of the painting was such that it made one yearn to be immortal.

It was a kind of feeling where one just needed to take a look and would feel a sense of reverence and longing. It was not something only beauty could express.

When Ning Xi appeared at the door, Qian Cong Hai finally found the feeling of the fairies in the paintings.

Seeing Ning Xi come in, Zhou Haili was also in a daze for a moment. She turned to look at Qian Cong Hai and knew that Ning Xi was cast from his expression.

Ning Xi had just walked in when she heard Qian Cong Hai say, "There will be no audition."

She felt a little disappointed in her heart but on the surface, she maintained a calm expression, looking at Qian Cong Hai. Was her performance so bad that Qian Cong Hai didn't even want to see her audition?

An excited Qian Cong Hai was gleefully rubbing his hands. "Haili, I owe you big time for today. Next time, I'll treat you to a meal." Saying so, he looked at Ning Xi intently. "You're called Ning Xi, were you professionally trained?"

Ning Xi first nodded and then shook her head. This move seemed so elegant in her costume that it gave off an otherworldly charm.

The eyes of the crew members brightened. They exchanged looks of satisfaction.

"You don't have to treat me, just give me a few more shots." Seeing that Qian Cong Hai fancied Ning Xi's talent, Zhou Haili turned to her and smiled, "This is Jiuji Entertainment's newly signed artist. Recently, she played Princess Dangli. She's very smart."

In her opinion, although Ning Xi's performance was not yet as skilled as the senior artists in the industry, she had a unique and unspeakable aura. As long as her skills were carefully polished, in a few years, she would certainly be a powerful figure as an actor.

Qian Cong Hai and Zhou Haili were old friends, so he immediately understood her intention. Nodding at Ning Xi, he said, "It doesn't matter if you haven't been trained professionally. In this circle, there have been many movie kings and queens who were not professionally trained actors, but their acting was absolutely first-class."

Standing at the side, Zhang Qingyun's heart skipped a beat. It seemed like Director Qian was going to let Ning Xi play the role of Fairy Qingya.

"Since your agent is here today, sign the contract." Qian Cong Hai was a straightforward man. Since he found an artist he admired, he would definitely sign her for his project. "Ning Xi, do you have anything to say?"

Ning Xi was suddenly speechless. Did this mean that she got the role without an audition?

"We have no opinion, Director Qian," Zhang Qingyun said. "We can sign the contract anytime." This was a wonderful opportunity that even money could not buy, what else could they say?

After signing the contract and the NDA, Qian Cong Hai told Ning Xi, "The shooting is going to start soon. You and your agent keep your phones switched on, someone will call or send an email to notify you. I want you to go back and ponder about this role. I hope you won't let me down."

"Thanks for the opportunity, Director Qian, I will work hard." Ning Xi knew how rare such an opportunity was; it was so rare that no one would believe her when she would announce it. So she listened intently, afraid to miss a single word of his.