Schemes

The internet was very lively the first day of the new year. There were a lot of bored and idle netizens who kept sending out lists of artists who lip-synced in the Spring Festival Gala. Zhou Zhengchuan was on that list.

Due to the fierce opposition of anti-fans, these artists were called disrespectful to the work and to the audience. It didn't matter whether it was the television station's arrangement or the director's. What mattered was being able to catch flaws and send the artist to his death.

It was already afternoon when Ning Xi heard the news. She called Zhou Zhengchuan and his tone seemed normal. He didn't seem to have been stressed because of the incident

"In this circle, if you don't have a body like a diamond, how can you move around?" Zhou Zhengchuan urged Ning Xi. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine. I'm used to situations like this."

Hanging up the phone, Ning Xi stared at herself in the mirror thoughtfully.

After the Spring Festival, workers began their routines, students went to school, life went on. Ning Xi had acted in the popular TV show, 'Beautiful Red Clouds' which had premiered on Banana TV and Tomato Satellite TV. These two major networks broadcast the show simultaneously. Under Jiuji Entertainment's publicity, the drama had received a lot of attention since its broadcast.

The fans of Zhou Zhengchuan, in particular, were so excited that the broadcast hadn't even begun and they had already sat before the television.

In Zhou Zhengchuan's apartment, several big names had squeezed in to take a look at the ratings. Actually, someone had only come to get free food. Zhengchuan looked blankly at the many people standing outside his house knocking happily on the door. He couldn't help but ask, "Do you people really care so much about me?"

"Brother Zhou, how could you buy this brand of potato chips? I heard that eating this will make us fatter!" Shi Pang, the gold medal supporting actor in the entertainment circle, said. He was famous for his comic timing, making him a good comedian.

His acting style and temperament were quite distinct. He was Zhou Zhengchuan's classmate, so he was quite popular. He was still a great friend of Zhengchuan's.

"You talk as if other brands of potato chips won't make you rounder," Ning Xi grinned, looking at his stomach. "A person who eats a meal enough for three people at a time doesn't think about the difficult task of losing weight."

"How can thin people like you understood the sadness of us fat people?" Shi Pang said with a depressed expression. "Little Xi, you've learnt bad things following Zhengchuan. When you first entered the company, you were so gentle and polite. How did your tongue turn out to be so poisonous?"

"Who said I don't understand?" Ning Xi opened a bag of potato chips. "When I was in high school, I was almost as fat as you."

"Tut, who will believe your words?" Shi Pang squeezed the flab on his stomach, "A stomach this fat, can I still reduce this?"

"If you spend a year or two eating less and stop sleeping so much, won't you be able to reduce that fat?" Ning Xi shook her finger. "Of course, all this is very difficult for you."

"Then, forget it. Let alone a year or two, I can't stand doing that for two days." Shi Pang patted his thigh and pointed to the TV. "Quick, the programme had begun."

At the beginning of the program was a game of strategy. The plot was very difficult, making it easy for people to fall into it.

After that high-excitement episode, the frame was replaced by a luxurious villa. A well dressed young man appeared on the screen. His mere presence pulled people out of their nervousness.