He continued to gripe and groan as he made the walk up towards the large plantation style home on the hill, only breaking his frustrated façade to wink at the ladies that walked by.

None of them acknowledged him.

Now frustrated and depressed, Leo ran up the front steps of the building, noting the alarming creaking of the old wood. He'd have to work on that later. Before he could talk himself out of it, he pushed open the front door and hustled inside- and straight into Mr. D.

Mr. D, who happened to be holding a bottle of wine.

The god dropped the merlot as his porky frame stumbled backwards, the glass shattering the second it met the ground. Red wine splashed up onto the both of them, staining the god's newest horrific patterned shirt and adding to the mess of Leo's top.

"Di immortals," Mr. D cursed, his hands spread as he surveyed the chaos before slowly lifting his head to make eye contact with the demigod.

Leo smiled cheekily in response to his furious expression.

"Mr. Valdoso, let me ask you this- do you want to be dolphin for the rest of your miserable life?"

The son of Hephaestus opened his mouth to comment, but not before Chiron poked his head out from the rec room to investigate the cause of commotion. He glanced around momentarily to get a sense of the situation before sighing in disappointment. "Dionysus, your probation-"

The god waved him off. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. My probation, whatever. Let's just get started with this stupid thing."

With that, he scooted around the centaur and disappeared through the open door, leaving Leo and Chiron alone.

"Whatever you think I did, I probably didn't do it," Leo blurted out, nervous with the centaur's heavy gaze. "I mean, I might have done it, but it's probably not as bad as you think and I'll-"

Chiron shook his head tiredly. "No, child... here, why don't you come in." He rolled back into the rec room, with Leo following nervously behind, not knowing what to expect.

He didn't know whether to be relieved or more worried at the apparent head counselor meeting that seemed to be happening. He seemed to be the last one there- glancing around the room, he noted Clovis snoring peacefully in the hammock in the corner of the room, Connor and Travis (back from school for the summer) talking quietly at the head of the ping-pong table, Lou Ellen tapped a pencil absentmindedly on her chair, among the rest. Although, Percy and Annabeth appeared to be absent- that was mildly concerning, but he didn't think much of it. Percy was probably at his mom's helping with the new baby, and he figured Annabeth had sent Malcolm to replace her, as he was slouched in a plastic fold-up chair that looked ready to snap. The kid had bags under his eyes and looked like he might tip over any second from exhaustion.

"You hear the news yet?" Katie said quietly, her freckled face sad.

He shook his head in confusion, taking the empty seat next to her. "What, did they cancel dinner or something? Did Peleus barf again?" Gods, dragon puke was the WORST- forget the corrosive acid and flames, the stench itself was like a middle school boy's locker room on steroids, combined with old socks and dead fish-

"Percy and Annabeth are missing," Sherman Yang answered for her, shifting uncomfortably in his spot on the floor.

Leo's face dropped. His fingers froze, the small block of wood he had been fiddling with coming to a rest between them. Correction to his previous thought, that their absence wasn't alarming: it was alarming.

"From the meeting?" he said hopefully, glancing at Katie helplessly. She slowly shook her head no, the deep-set frown on her features speaking more than words ever could.