Twenty Seven.

The inside of the house was just as beautiful as the outside; the floors were of polished wood except for the kitchen which had the typical black and white checkered tile,the windows were taller than Liam, and the walls were covered in flowered wallpaper. The furniture was all new, looking to have never been touched before. Along the fireplace in the living area there were many photos. Majority of them were of Liam as a young boy or him playing football.

The place smelled sweet and clean, something I wasn’t expecting seeing as no one had been there in awhile.

“I love it,” I commented as I continued to look around. My curiosity spiked I saw the large wooden staircase. The upstairs was probably just as nice as the first floor.

“Want to see your room?” Liam asked, closer than he was before, his arm brushing against my own.

“Sure,” I muttered, waiting for him to move towards the staircase.

His long legs had him moving quicker than I could handle. Rather than take each step he was skipping one so that he was going up two at a time.

I tried moving faster, my small heels clicking loudly as I did so.

“Jesus Liam,” I panted as I reached the top and stood next to his waiting figure.

He chuckled, his brown eyes shining as he stared down at me.

“Sorry,” he said softly, catching me off guard as he caressed my cheek with his thumb.

“It’s o-okay.” I stuttered, shifting slightly as I looked away so that his hand was no longer touching me.

“Come,” he spoke, holding out his large hand for me to take.

I stared at it a moment, the typical comparison of his hand and Zayn’s hand running through my mind.

I slowly slid my hand into his, feeling guilty as I did so.

As i expected, Liam’s eyes lit up,overjoyed with the small contact.

It was flattering, having someone care for you greatly, but it was also a bit of a nuisance especially when you weren’t sure about your own feelings. I was confused about Liam, but I was certain about Zayn.

The thought of Zayn caused my heart to flutter. I liked him. I liked him very much. I just wish circumstances could be different. Everything would so much easier if some things weren’t how they were.

I wonder what he was doing. Probably working-

“Here we are,” Liam’s voice broke my train of thought.

I hesitantly walked forward, biting my lip as our bodies brushed when I passed him.

I looked through the open door, my eyes widening and lips lifting.

“Oh, how lovely.” I blurted, walking in to the creme colored room.

“I knew you’d like it.” Liam said, placing my luggage down and stepping towards me.

“There’s a balcony!?” I asked, swiftly moving towards the doors and unlocking them.

“Of course. There’s one in every bedroom.” Liam said casually, the arrogance in his tone not passing me.

The wind from outside hit me as I opened the doors, the sun caressing my skin and giving me a natural glow.

The view of the water was beautiful, a sight I was not familiar with. I had been stuck in the city my whole childhood so I wasn’t used to this much nature.

“So beautiful,”

I blinked, bringing my focus back to Liam who now stood directly next to me.

His large arm brushed my own as he moved a bit closer.

“Yes, very.” I replied, feeling my face grow hot.

“Oh, the scenery is nice too I guess.” Liam said loudly with a devilish smirk.

I frowned, momentarily confused. But flushed when I realized what he meant. His heavy laughter didn’t help either, it just made my face burn even more than it already was.

“Ha, smooth.” I commented, self consciously fixing my hair.

“Want to go for a swim?” he asked, sensing my discomfort.

“Uh,” I couldn’t form a sentence. Swimming? That involved me being in little clothing, and to be completely honest I didn’t want that much skin showing in front of him.

Yet, you are completely fine with Zayn not only staring at you, but touching you?

I ignored the voice in my head and nodded, “Sure, why not?”

If only I had known how much trouble this one swim would soon cause,  I would have said no.

(A/N) So next chapter should be the start of the 'action' part of the story. Thank you all! I love you guys <3