Chapter 45: Possesed

Fred's POV
We hit the ground so hard I almost fell over. I quickly regained balance and looked around. Kreacher had just exited the room after making some sort of snide comment, and Sirius was there.

"What's going on?" Asked Sirius as he helped Ginny to his feet. "Phineas Nigellus Said Arthur's been badly injured."

"Ask Harry and Cassie" I said.

"Yeah, I want to hear this for myself" George agreed.

"It was.. I had kind of a vision.." Harry began.

George, Ginny and I all stared at the two twins in horror as they relived what they'd seen. Some part of me had this feeling they were leaving some big part of it out. No matter how hard I tried I felt almost like it was their fault, even though I knew it wasn't them.

Soon we were all asking to go to St. Mungo's. None of us cared about the stupid order, we only wanted to see our dad. It didn't take long for an argument to break out with Sirius. Who was he to tell us we couldn't go see our father?

"Easy for you to say! I don't see you out there risking your neck!" I shouted.

The color in Sirius's face drained, and I heard a voice beside me.

"Fred, please.." Cassie said.

"No! Cassie you don't understand, you don't even have any real parents! You ran away remember?" I growled.

A hurt look was only visible on Cassie's face for a split second before it turned to anger. Her voice was dangerous when she spoke next.

"Yeah ,your right Fred! I don't have any parents. I did run away, so that I didn't have to be one of them. But I suppose it would've been better for you if I'd stayed? I guess I should have just become a death eater if that's what you really wanted!"

"That wasn't what I said!" I growled back.

Her eyes flashed, "wasn't it?" Cassie said before she turned and stormed out of the room and up the stairs.

Nobody followed her, everyone knew better not to when she was like this. I knew that I should follow her, apologize. I knew what I said hurt her more then she let on. I knew I didn't mean it and I hope she did too. But I can't deal with this right now, not when my dad is in the hospital dying.

"That wasn't what I meant.." I said weakly.

I looked around everyone was staring. Shrugging, I sat down next to Ginny. Sirius called in some butter beers, and for a while there was silence except for the sound of bottles hitting the table.

My thoughts were swirling. Dad could die, he might have already died and we didn't get to say goodbye. What if they hadn't gotten there in time? I was sure nothing good was going to come out of this situation.

Both and Harry and Sirius were repeatedly glancing up towards the stairs. They were obviously both wondering if Cassie was okay. How could she be, after what I'd said to her?

A scroll of parchment fell to the table on a single golden feather. It was determined that the letter was from mum and George ripped it open immediately.

"Dad is still alive. I am setting out for St. Mungos now. Stay where you are. I will send news as soon as I can. Mum." George read. "Still alive.. but that makes it sound.."

He didn't have to finish the sentence for everyone to know what he was thinking. Dad was alive, but there was still a chance he wouldn't make it through.

Sirius standing up from the table caused me to jump. He pushed his chair back and began to walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.