Chapter 36: Prefects

Fred's POV
"His badge" I was saying to mum, who was focused on Ron's pajamas. "His lovely shiny new prefects badge."

Mum looked to be in shock before she let out a loud shriek when Ron held his badge up.
"I don't believe it! I don't believe it! Oh, Ron how wonderful! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!" Mum squealed.

"What are Fred and I, Next door neighbors?" George said but mum merely shoved him aside and hugged Ron. Cassie was nearly on the ground from laughing so hard and George and I began to gag behind our mothers back. Ron's face was Scarlett from embarrassment, and Cassie was still laughing.

After a few more minutes of teasing Ron, I grabbed my girlfriends hand and the three of us apparated out of Ron's room. Cassie, George and I all burst into laughter as we arrived back into our room.

"I- Can't- Believe- That- Ron is a prefect" George said as he gasped for breathe.

"I thought for sure it would be my brother" Cassie managed to say.

I couldn't help but agree with her, but I guess Harry had caused to much trouble. Hermione had been the obvious choice. We all stopped laughing as we heard footsteps approach the door and mum poked her head in.

Cassie had gone to the ministry with Tonks a few weeks ago, and changed her name. It was now Cassiopeia Lily Potter, instead of Cassiopeia Bellatrix Ariana Lestrange. She had said that changing her first name back to Adrianna would be far to confusing.

"I was thinking maybe Cassie should come with me, you'll need new robes. You've grown so much you're almost as tall as Harry now" she said. Cassie nodded in agreement and looked over at me.

"I'll see you later?" She asked me.

"Course you will" I told her with a grin as I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead. As she said goodbye to George and followed mum out of the door, my mind went back to the day we had finally decided we were together.

Flashback
I smiled at the red head who took a deep breathe before she pushed the door to the kitchen open. There were more people there than usual. Tonks was here, and so were a few of the other order members. Everyone in the kitchen turned to look at us. We were both at a loss for words. Instead of saying anything, Cas has grabbed my hand and looked down at it with a smile. Several of the girls in the room squealed. Ginny and Hermione tackled Cassie in a hug so fast she nearly fell over.

Several of the boys said congratulations, while Cassie was talking to Hermione, Ginny and Tonks. Soon Harry came up to me, I gulped sure I was about to get threatened.

"You take good care of her. If you hurt my sister, I'll have to hex you into oblivion" he had said.

"I could never hurt her."
It hadn't taken long for Remus to give me the same speech Harry had.

I snapped out of my thoughts as George poked me repeatedly.

"We need to work on our products while mum is out" he told me.

George and I spent the next few hours experimenting with our products. The most progress we had made was with the doxie venom. It had effectively made both George and I throw up. The two of us High-fived after using spell after spell to make it stop.

There was a knock on the door and it flew open a little after six 'o clock. George and I exchanged panicked glances as we looked at all of our products strewn around the room. Then we both let out a breathe upon seeing Cassie standing in the doorway.

"You don't need to panic, it's just me" she laughed. Her arms were full of new robes, and her school books. "I've just been told tell you that there's a bit of a party tonight. For the new prefects" she laughed.

After announcing that needed to put her stuff in her room, and that she would be back, she left the room. My heart was still racing from the scare she had given us. I could tell both George and I thought it was mum.

Cassie came back into the room a few minutes later, this time announcing it was her before she came in. She sat down next to me and looked everything over.

"Snack boxes again?" She asked us, George and I nodded. "Any luck?"

"Nope we still can't get anything to stop" George muttered.

"What do you use in the half that's supposed to make them stop?" Cassie questioned.

George and I went over a list of all the things we used and she thought for a moment.

"I think you're using to many bad things in that half too. Try using things that are supposed to help you" she pointed out. Just then, mum called up the stairs for us to all come down to the party. "See you down there, I want to go see Harry."

George looked at me for a moment before saying, "your girlfriend is a genius."

"I know" I said with a grin.

Harry was standing next to me, George and Cassie as we made a deal with Mundungus. Ten galleons for the Venomous Tentacula seeds. The three of us left to go get a butter beer, leaving Harry standing there.

"Say, what's up with Harry?" George asked her.

"I dunno, I think he's upset he isn't the prefect instead of Ron" she shrugged. "Don't see why though, being prefect would take the fun out of life."

A few more minutes passed of us just joking around until I thought of something a bit more serious.

"Cas?"

"Hmm?" She hummed in response.

"Do you have any idea where your going to go after the school year ends?" I asked.

"Well..I can't stay here forever, and I obviously can't go back to the Lestrange Estate.. so no, I guess I'll just have to figure it out during the year" she said quietly.

I frowned, I didn't like the idea of her not having anywhere safe to go. I knew it would be hard for her to stay at the burrow. It was very different than what she was used to, there weren't any house elves or fancy rooms here. But then it was loving, and safe. I shook my head, she would figure out.

We sat there, drinking our butter beer until we were shooed up to bed. I groaned, we were technically adults now, and mum still chose when we went to bed.

A/N- I'm so sorry I didn't update last week everyone. I was having serious writers block and couldn't think of anything. Also, I'm sorry this chapter isn't the best, I'm hoping the next one will be better. Thanks for reading xox.