Chapter 35: Trial

Cassiopeia's POV
I jolted awake a little after five thirty on the morning of August twelfth. My stomach immediately tied itself into a very tight knot. Today was the day of Harry's hearing. Knowing I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, I climbed out of bed. I decided I would just stay in my pajama shorts and slightly to big t-shirt for now.

I quietly opened the door and crept out of the room I shared with the two girls. The knot in my stomach refused to go away. Everyone in the Order kept telling Harry he would get off, but I wasn't so sure. True, Harry had done nothing wrong, but the Ministry was determined to believe that Harry and I were delusional. Nobody wanted to believe that Voldemort was back.

I crept into the hallway and looked down from the edge of the landing. There was a light on in the kitchen, I was sure Harry would already be awake. As silently as I could I walked down the stairs, trying not to wake anybody up. I knew I couldn't make sure that my brother got off, but I could try to make him feel better.

"You didn't really think you could go to a hearing without seeing your sister first did you?" I asked Harry as I leaned against the door frame to the kitchen.

Harry managed a small, strained smile and said, "I was kinda hoping."

I sat down in the chair next to my brother who was eating toast. Tonks and Remus gave me a small smile, Tonks was interrupted by a huge yawn. I glanced over as something wet hit the side of my face and I realized that Mrs. Weasley was attacking Harry's hair with a wet comb.

"Doesn't it ever lie flat?" She asked.

Harry shook his head, and Mr. Weasley said that it was time for them to be off. I felt a lump in my throat form as everyone started to wish him luck. I pulled him into a bone crushing hug and whispered, "you'll be alright Harry. You have to be."

Remus put his arm around my shoulder as I watched Harry and Mr. Weasley leave.

"He'll be alright Cassie, the law has nothing on him" Tonks told me with a small smile.

"Merlin I hope he is."

I was sitting in the drawing room by myself later that day, staring at the picture of Bellatrix Lestrange that was on the tapestry of Sirius' a family. Carefully, I traced my finger over the small picture of her.

"You miss her don't you?" A voice behind me said. Turning around a saw Remus.

"Well... of course I do. She's my mum and she always will be, the trouble is she doesn't see me as her daughter" I said quietly. "I don't miss Rodolphus much though" I added bitterly.

Remus gave a nod of understanding and sat down next to me.

"Have you heard anything on how Harry is?" I asked my godfather.

"No, but I'm sure he'll be just fine."

I was so grateful that I had Remus as my godfather. He had been one of the people who could always make me feel better. I looked up at Remus, it was now or never.

"Remus... I was thinking.." I paused, nervous about what his reaction would be. "Well, I'd like to change my name."

"Change your name huh?" A second voice said and I felt someone else sit on the other side of me. Turning, I saw Tonks sitting there this time.

"Yeah... I would much rather have people thinking I'm delusional because my last name is Potter, then thinking I'm a murderer because I'm a Lestrange" I said quietly.

"I wish we could, but you'll need an adult for that and the ministry isn't to fond of werewolves" Remus said sadly.

"I could take her" Tonks volunteered.