Chapter 38: The Umbitch

Cassiopeia's POV
The first night back had been an absolute hell. I had gotten back to the common room last night to have three of the girls thinking I was insane. The only one who believed me was Hermione. There had been plenty of people questioning me about being Harry's twin sister.

I still wasn't accustomed to people staring wherever I went, and it was seriously getting to me. To top it all off it was O.W.L year and Fred and George kept reminding us of how hard it would be. School had barely even started and I was already stressed out. It didn't help that I'd been told I had to have occlumency lessons with Snape.

Hermione's nose was buried in a copy of the Daily Prophet. She didn't put it down until Harry, Ron and I had finished eating. Hermione was looking at me with a rather nervous expression on her face.

"There isn't anything about Harry, Cas, or Dumbledore" she stated, but continued looking at me nervously.

Without giving her any warning, I reached up and snatched the paper out of her hands. My breathe caught in my throat as I looked at headline of the page.

Bellatrix Lestrange Captured
The known death eater Bellatrix Lestrange was captured last night and taken to Azkaban. She was apprehended by two aurors shortly after midnight.

My mother's face stared wickedly up at me from the page

My mother's face stared wickedly up at me from the page. It must have been her punishment for letting me escape, as if torturing her wasn't enough for Voldemort. A guilty knot formed in my stomach, this was my fault. Harry was looking over my shoulder, as well as Ron.

"Are you okay" my brother asked me cautiously as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, Yeah I'm fine" I said, trying to sound stronger than I felt.

Angelina Johnson hurried over to where Harry and I were sitting. She announced that she had been chosen to be the Quidditch captain. We congratulated her, and she demanded that we be down at the pitch for the tryouts to make sure the new player fit with the team.

Soon Professor McGonagall was moving down the table handing out schedules. We all groaned except for Hermione. I had history of magic, double potions, arithmancy, and double defense against the dark arts. I had Binns, Snape, and Umbridge all in one day. The one class I had to look forward to was Arithmancy.

God this day is going to get worse.

Fred and George arrived as Ron began to complain about his schedule. "Morning, Love" he said as he kissed my cheek.

"Morning Freddie" I said with a smile.

It didn't take long for the twins to start warning us about the O.W.L tests again. I mentally groaned, I was not ready for the tests that would determine my career. I had always wanted to be an unspeakable. But working in the ministry required very high grades.