:::::Chapter 6:::::

Start from the beginning

"Maybe not but maybe you can," he says with some hope. "And Chriselda, I would say this once again; our pack needs a Luna. I know you are firm on your decision but don't you have the need to see your mate?"

A mate who is cold to me?

"Nope, I don't think so," says my brain. But... Yes!" screams my heart. He's my mate and my wolf desperately wants to see her mate again.

"Don't you?" Mr. West presses.

"A little," I finally give in to answering him. A smile appears on his face.

"Then pack your things and come with me to my pack," he says. "And if you don't like it there then you can leave anytime," he assures. I think upon his words. It sounds reasonable to me.

"But what about my pack? I'm a Beta and I have my own duties," I say.

"I think Alpha Matthew will be able to manage without you for some time. If he needs you for some work then you can come back here, finish your work and then return to my pack. Isn't it reasonable?" I slowly nod. He stands up, feeling happy. "What are you waiting for? Go and pack your bags."

I exit the study and go to my room and start packing clothes for one week. To be honest, I don't think I'll be able to survive living in my mate's pack for even a day. When I'm done packing, I take my bag and head to the living room where I find Mr. West talking to Matt and Darius. Matt comes towards me and puts his hand on my shoulder. "If you need anything then don't hesitate to call me." I look at him in confusion.

"I've told them everything," Mr. West informs me. He must've told Matt and Darius about my decision of going to the Dawnfall Depths pack for a while. I nod at Mr. West. If I would've told my two friends myself then they would've asked me multiple questions. So, I'm thankful for Mr. West for doing that for me.

"Take care," I say and hug Matt.

"You too," he says. Then, I proceed to hug Darius saying the same thing to him. When I'm done with the "goodbyes", Mr. West leads me to his pack.

●●●●●

Mr. West opens the front door of Alarick's pack house. He gestures for me to walk inside first. I enter the pack house and look around the living room to find it empty. Where are the people? And most importantly, where is Alarick? Answering to my thoughts, Mr. West says, "Alarick has gone for some work. He will be back soon."

I hope he doesn't return at all.

"Come, let me show you to your room," Mr. West says. I follow him to a room. When he opens the door, Alarick's scent hits me. "This is your room." He gestures towards the neat and tidy room.

"No, this is Alarick's room," I state, still getting Alarick's scent from the empty room.

"Which happens to be your room too since you're his mate," Mr. West implies.

"If I share a room with your son then he will kick me out of his pack before you know it," I say. Mr. West ponders over my words. "Plus, I won't be comfortable sharing a room with someone who denies to be my mate. Can I have my own room?" He nods at me. He takes me to a room just beside Alarick's. Seriously? I don't want to be in Alarick's room so you get me a room beside his?

Looking at my face, Mr. West says, "There are many rooms away from Alarick's but I want you two to be as near to each other as possible. Maybe his behavior will change if you're near him." Okay, let's try his way. I personally don't think being near Alarick will help him in any way. He will get even more annoyed. I hear people entering the pack house. I hope Alarick is not one of them. After what happened in the noon, I'm not ready to see him...yet.

"I think you should meet a few people," Mr. West says. I keep my bag on the double-sized bed and follow him to the living room. There are three people waiting for us, two men and a woman. One of the familiar faces is of Beta Charles. Mr. West and I are standing facing the three people. He starts saying to them, "You must be wondering why I have called you here. Well, I have called you here to introduce Chriselda Turner," he gestures towards me, "who is the Beta of our neighboring pack and who also happens to be Alarick's mate." All the three people are shocked. I awkwardly wave at them. They don't respond. They are still in a state of shock. "Why don't you all introduce yourselves to her?" Mr. West says, breaking their state of shock.

Beta Charles comes to me first. "I'm Beta Charles Lewis," he says while shaking hands with me. After him, other male comes to me. While shaking my hand, he says, "I'm Gamma Daniel Phillips." I smile at him. Lastly, a woman approaches me and says, "Hi Chriselda. I'm Roselyn West, Alarick's mother."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," I say while I smile. She seems like a nice woman.

"You are so beautiful," she says genuinely.

"Not beautiful than you," I say and we both laugh lightly.

"It's good to see mother-in-law and daughter-in-law bonding with each other," Mr. West remarks.

"Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law? Isn't it too soon to be calling us that? Alarick doesn't even consider me as his mate," I say. Mrs. West, Beta Charles and Gamma Daniel are shocked. Again.

"I forgot to tell you one thing," Mr. West says to the shocked audience. "Chriselda is Alarick's mate but he is not ready to accept that and I don't know why." I start getting looks of pity.

"Please don't look at me with sympathy," I request them all. "Stop feeling sorry for me."

●●●●●

It's night and Alarick hasn't returned yet. His parents and I are sitting on one side of the counter while Beta Charles and Gamma Daniel are seated on the other as we're having dinner. "Do you and Mrs. West stay here at the pack house?" I ask Mr. West.

"No, it's just for tonight," he answers. So that Alarick can't kick me out tonight. I say in my mind.

Our light conversation is interrupted when Alarick enters the kitchen. When he sees me, he is shocked. Then, he starts glaring at me. I look down at my plate and continue to eat. "What is she doing here!" he asks his father in a tone laced with anger.

Author's Note: Alarick is finally back at the pack house and he's angry! I can assure you that there will be a little drama in the next chapter. And did you like the new cover? :)