:::::Chapter 24:::::

Author's Note: Here's Chapter 24. I hope you guys will enjoy it! :)

Suddenly, there's a knock at the front door. Darius goes to answer it. After a few seconds, he comes back.

"It's Mr. West," he informs me.

"What!" I exclaim in shock. I had totally forgotten about Mr. West.

"What should I do?" Darius asks.

"Tell him that I'm not here," I say as I rush towards my room to hide. "Tell him that I've gone for the run." I get inside my room and close the door. Thank God that the pack house is soundproof otherwise Mr. West would've been able to hear all the chaos inside.

I hear Darius opening the front door.

"Hello, Gamma Darius," I hear Mr. West greeting Darius.

"Hello, Mr. West," Darius greets him.

"May I come in?" Mr. West asks politely.

"Oh, sure!" Darius replies.

"I'm here to meet Chriselda. Where is she?" Mr. West asks.

Instead of Darius answering, I hear Matt saying, "She has gone for the run." That means Matt has joined them in the living room.

"Hello, Alpha Matthew," Mr. West greets Matt.

"Hello, Mr. West," Matt greets him back.

"Do you have any idea when Chriselda will return?" Mr. West asks him.

"I'm not sure. But I think it will be late when she returns," Matt replies. "Why do you want to meet her?"

Mr. West says, "I think you already know the answer, Alpha Matthew. I want to talk to her about her early departure from my pack." And then, there's a pause. "I'm getting the feeling as if she's here at the pack house."

"No, she's not!" Darius says too quickly. I think I'm going to kill him.

Mr. West says, "I know she doesn't want to meet me but I would just like her to know how sorry I am for Alarick's behavior." He pauses. "I think I should go." I hear him leaving the pack house. When I hear the front door closing, I join Matt and Darius in the living room.

"You should've met him," Matt says to me.

"I didn't want to see the disappointed look on his face," I tell him.

"Chris, he didn't have a look of disappointment on his face. He had a look of guilt on his face. You should have met him and talked with him."

"I couldn't bring myself to face him," I tell Matt honestly. "Please, let this go."

"Okay," he says. "But one day, you'll have to meet him since he lives in the neighboring pack."

"I'll worry about it when that day comes," I say.

● ● ● ● ●

It was another day. Matt, Darius and I were watching a vampire-werewolf movie on the television. "Why do humans prefer vampires over werewolves?" Darius asks. "How can they like blood-sucking creatures?"

"It will always be a mystery," I tell him playfully. Suddenly, Matt's phone starts ringing from his study. He goes to his study to answer the call. After a few minutes, he comes back to the living room and informs us, "Midnight Valley Pack is hosting The Socials to introduce their new Alpha, Beta and Gamma and we are invited."

"I'm not going," I announce.

Matt sits beside me and says, "But Chris, every Alpha, Beta and Gamma is supposed to be present there."