:::::Chapter 43:::::

We all are left shocked as Benjamin informs Alarick that Anne has been kidnapped by Kurt. Alarick doesn't ask Benjamin any questions. He just ends the call. We all quickly hail a cab and head towards the Dawnfall Depths Pack.

● ● ● ● ●

When we enter the pack house, we find Benjamin and Mrs. West waiting for us in the living room. Mrs. West has tear strains on her cheeks. She bursts into tears as she holds out a letter to Alarick. He snatches the letter and reads silently. His jaw clenches as he reads further. When he finishes reading, he crushes the paper in a ball and lets it fall on the floor. I look at the paper ball on the floor. What is written on that paper?

I bend and pick it up to read for myself.

Dear Alarick,

I'm taking your sister with me and I'm going to do the same thing to her that was done to you many years ago. I guess history is going to repeat itself. I hope to see you soon.

Your loving friend,

Kurt.

"Alarick, what happened to you in your childhood?" Matt asks seriously. I don't know when he came to stand beside me. He must have read the letter along with me.

"It is none of your business," Alarick answers.

"It is my business. Anne is my mate and I need to know what Kurt is going to do to her," Matt says in a deadly tone. I've never seen him like this.

"Anne is your mate?" Alarick asks with a surprised look. Even Mrs. West looks surprised.

"Yes, she is my mate," Matt replies. "Now, tell me. What happened to you in your childhood?"

Alarick looks away. "It's better if you don't know."

Before Matt can make a grab for Alarick, I come between them. I know that Matt is frustrated with Alarick's answers but a fight between them is the last thing that we all would want. Anne is our top priority.

I grab Matt's shoulders in order to calm him. "Matt, nothing will happen to Anne. I promise," I tell him genuinely. He looks a little relaxed now because he knows that I always keep my promises. "Let's search for Anne," I say. Matt nods.

"Where is Daniel?" Alarick asks Benjamin.

"He has already started searching for your sister along with your father and Gamma Darius," Benjamin informs. Alarick, Charles, Matt and I also start searching for Anne along with a few of Alarick's pack members. We all head out in different directions to cover as much territory as possible. Kurt can be anywhere and we are at a disadvantage since we don't know his exact location. Alarick has already informed the other Alphas about Anne's kidnapping. So, all the Alphas are also searching for Anne and Kurt. I hope that we are able to get to Kurt before he harms Anne. As the Beta, it is my duty to protect my Luna and I will do my best to perform my duty.

I've been running in my wolf form for God knows how many hours. I've kept my eyes and ears open to my surroundings for Kurt. After running in the dense forest, I stop when my gaze falls on a cave. It can easily go unnoticed due to the trees surrounding it. If I didn't have enhanced sight, then I wouldn't have seen the cave in the first place. I shift into my human form and wear my clothes. I look at the cave. I'm having a bad feeling about it. I quickly rush towards it and enter carefully without making any noise.

The cave is in darkness but still I'm able to see due to my enhanced sight. The cave seems really old and unoccupied with webs and dirt around. I don't think that Kurt is hiding here but my instincts tell me to look till the end of this cave.

When I reach the end, I'm left shocked at the sight before me. I see Anne struggling in the hold of four men while Kurt turns to face me. "Welcome Beta Chriselda Turner. You're right on time," he says with a sinister smile.