9

A mare caught me first.

I was forced into sleep by the mare and I screamed inside my head as I was riled with a repulsive dream. I could feel it as someone penetrating a knife into my skull.

It stopped suddenly. Vasishtha threw the mare away from me. There was a person in the room who was going to fight for me. I felt relaxed for a split second. The next minute Vedika crashed down on me.

'Siddu, are you okay?' said she, brushing my hair.

'I don't know,' I said half of it muttering.

'Hold on to me,' she said, as she punched away the mare that was about to fall on me.

Both the siblings began fighting against mares in the room for me. They breached themselves into the mob of mares like lions contending with a pack of wolves. The six representatives and uncle were standing on a side, watching the show. How oblivious!

A mare escaped them all and dashed towards me. I took a few feeble steps away from him in horror. Unless my typical struggle to escape, I ran myself into a trap of another mare's touch behind me. It let me faint again and threw me into a ghastly dream. As the agony surfaced over my mind, I remained in its arms almost dead. The mare took a smart step by lifting me into his hands and began running around the hall. The fear I was unable to repress turned into the energy for the mare that was holding me. I was like a fuel for it; the more I stay with it, the more powerful it gets.

The second I opened my eyes again, I saw Eleonara clenching the throat of the mare that was holding me. I inhaled wildly as I suddenly fell out of the dream. For the fear that I would die, I made myself more vulnerable to the mares. There was no stopping them as I was the only one around with a mind for them to control. A group of mares attacked at Eleonara in unity as letting another group of mares catch me in the first place.

It was the most vicious moment of my life because a mob of mares was trying to send a cluster of horrible dreams into my head. I would have preferred a group of men stabbing me with knives all at once. The pain would be less shattering and I would die quickly.

I was on the floor surrounded by spiteful creatures attempting to kill me bit by bit. Convulsed by rage, Vedika stormed into my direction, while she drew a scintillating blue sword from nowhere. It just formed out of her hand. Everyone in the room stood appalled, as she jumped into the air and stabbed a mare in his heart. A sharp squeal escaped his mouth and the mare fell dead without any delay. The remaining mares retreated as they were as stunned as the remaining people in the room.

'Anyone who touches him is going to die today.' she even made a statement.

Eleonara ran to me swiftly. 'Are you alright?'

'No, I am not.' I rustled.

I was half dead and could go numb at any moment if one more mare touches me. I was at the death count and the atmosphere in the room didn't seem any less harmless. The mares started running across the room.

They were angry for their friend's death, it seemed. Leading the mares against us, Jamshed stood in the middle of the hall. He invited the Vedika's comment with a cunning smile.

Eleonara, Vasishtha, and Vedika stood around me like a shield. The mares didn't stop running. The representatives settled at the entrance while the uncle was with me. Finally, he considered that I could be alive. Slowly, the creator drew a sword too. A shining red sword, in a divergent shape compared to Vedika, emerged from her hand. The mares were still running round and round and I wasn't sure which was going to attack first. I was counting on my life as I believed unless their efforts they couldn't stop me from dying anyway.

For the first time in my life, I felt like nothing. There was blood oozing out of my mouth. I wiped it away and settled on the floor on my back.

The battle began.

Mares were running and jumping, prepared to drag the remaining life out of me. They were making an unbearable noise as they were running. They resembled the flies in a dump yard, except more strident and deadly. Minutes passed and not a single mare attacked. Eleonara seemed to grasp their strategy; she grimaced at the others and made a plan with her eyes. Both the siblings nodded in accord.

As the mares completed another revolution, Eleonara shoved herself into the enemy camp and began running along with the mares. She was quicker and smarter than any of them. She raided with godspeed; meanwhile her sword scorched every mare it made contact with. Any mare trying to attack her from behind was facing the Vasishtha's heavy strokes and blows.

However, both the best friends could not stop Jamshed from reaching me. He sauntered in my direction and found Vedika standing between me and him. Eyeing at Vedika as poisonous as possible, he drew his own weaponry. Two boomerangs glistering in the color of blood emerged out his hands.

It was a sign that I had lesser time than I had anticipated.

*

No, Siddu is not safe now. He is never actually. Roll down and find out if it is gonna make it out alive.

#Thanks for reading. Press the star mark below and vote for my story. Comments and suggestions are duly noted and appreciated.

#I hope you found it interesting. Suggest it to your friends and share them in social media directly from here.

Love you all.