1

'I am gifted. It's not my mistake........Siddu, listen to me. I will miss you.'

I woke up to the Vedika's voice in my head. I was in an obscure place and the air around me was sharp and misty. I could hear the sound of crashing waves. There was a dim light far before me, an entrance beside it and a man stood there. He looked more like guarding me against going out. It was almost a day since I was kidnapped. And I had no idea what was happening around me.

My grandmother used to say, 'Infinity is never a fine word sweetheart because it lacks ending. And the people of this world can never afford to love or keep the incomplete things forever. It can be some intolerable pain or irresistible love, imperfect life, or impeccable stars, everything needs to slip into some black hole eventually.' I took it to the depths of my heart. And as a citizen of this sucked up the universe, I knew I couldn't keep the restlessness in my mind constantly. I knew I had to keep a full-stop for the mystic paragraph my mind's been writing since Vedika left me.

I never succeeded in doing so. She never left my thoughts.

'I am gifted, Siddu. I am a dream maker. I can make any person dream whatever I want. I am powerful but not cruel. Sorry, for leaving you. Please don't blame my love. Blame me, instead...blah... blah...blah!'

I literally hated her. Her words always stay in my head, revolving like planets around the sun.

'Why don't you just tell me where she is?' I heard that question for the tenth time that day. The man at the entrance kept asking me that question.

A young man roughly of my age, maybe a bit younger, came to me the day before, asking me about her, my love; 'Where's Vedika?'

It was the question I had been asking myself for the last two years. And this man suddenly appears from nowhere and was up to the same question as me.

I told him in all possible languages that I didn't know where she lives. He didn't believe me. He supposed that I was lying. He was babbling about the probability of me knowing nothing about her was so less.

They didn't listen to me. Additionally, they kidnapped me.

I was sure I was being used as a bait to catch her. I was also sure that it was a bad idea because she was the one who left me and she would have moved on from me by then.

'I already told you a million times. I don't know. She ditched me in the first place, can't you see it?' I yelled at him.

He sighed and left to his place. I was left alone in the place where I had been for the last twenty-two hours. It was a dark, frigid place inside a chamber in the ship.

They abducted and boarded me on a ship to Andaman & Nicobar Islands. As long as I knew, they found her in Port Blair, the capital city of those islands.

I didn't have anything since I was taken. I was hungry, thirsty, afraid, broken, and sick. I was afraid that they would find her. I couldn't meet the expense of seeing her again. I was too fragile to be left alone again.

After a long peaceful silence, the door of my chamber opened again. He came; the young man who came to my house the day before.

'Who are you?' I asked.

'I apologize for not introducing myself properly before,' He talked like whispering, 'I am Vasishtha, Vedika's brother.'

'WHAT?' A sharp scream slipped off my mouth.

'I know you will be surprised.'

'I was indeed more than surprised.'

He chuckled.