Ordinary People Part 1

Okay, I wasn't originally gonna make this a two parter but I'm already at 4,000 words. There's more than I thought that I want to do with this episode, so just a lot of backstory in this chapter. Enjoy!

Vote, comment, share.

I'm thinking of doing some anime stories and some one shot request books. What do you think?

LOVE YAL!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 13: Ordinary People

Alaric and Elena were making their way through the tunnels under the Lockwood cellar. Alaric had called Midnight about what he and Damon had discovered after Mason Lockwood had disappeared. He asked her to join them on their escapade and were meeting her and Damon there.

"So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena asked as she flashed the light around to get a better look.

Alaric nodded. "Yeah. Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light."

Of course he was joking, but Elena grew slightly panicked as she stopped in her step.

"Wait, what?"

"Elena."

Elena gasped violently as she turned and shined the light on the vampire and hybrid who were chuckling behind her.

"Boo," Midnight teased, raising her hands beside her head.

Elena glared at her sister and hit both her and her companion. "God, guys."

Damon smirked. "Scardy-cat."

"Just ignore him," Alaric advised, continuing on. "That's what I do."

Elena sighed, turning to Salvatore. "So, you really can't get in?"

"No," Damon clenched his jaw. "Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were ant-vampire."

Midnight stiffened at his words. She knew that this tunnel seemed familiar to her.

"What do you mean ancient?" Elena asked, following him down the tunnel. Midnight sighed, continuing on as well.

"See for yourself."

Midnight grew more nervous as she followed the three to a room-like cave.

"Well, this is as far as I get to go," Damon motioned to the door from the entrance. "Crap, I guess that goes for you, too, Silver."

Midnight merely shook her head, following into the room after Elena with no complications.

"What the hell?!" Damon shouted, causing Elena and Alaric to turn and look at her wide eyes.

"How can you get in?" Alaric asked.

Midnight sighed, taking the flashlight from Elena and directing it to the wall. There she saw the many drawings on the walls of the cave.